Toj site down

rizz

As you all probably gathered the ToJ site has been down since the worm attack.

Now i have no idea of the extent of the damage, in fatc im trying to find Tek so we can see whats happened.

If anyone knows any details of the worm could they post them here. I heard it simulates internet ativity so my first thought is that its pushed toj.cc past the bandwidth limit for the month.

Of course i could be completely wrong.

Please not all applications/personnell matters/virtually everything are postponed untill normal service is resumed so sorry if your emails to me arent being replied to.

This particular attack's main purpose is to replicate itself.

it attacks a flaw in MS SQL Server, allowing it to take over any corporate database, then it floods the network with probes trying to find another SQL Server without the MS fix patch applied.

Unlike other worms, it doesn't take over system resources but rather just replicates and take over the bandwidth.

I happen to host a site through the same company that the ToJ site is hosted through and I have not heard a thing from them. Infact, their main site is down too. I know our hosting company supports MS SQL 2000 so they may have been directly effected or be effected by the fact that they most likely host out of a datacenter. Meaning there could be a lot of other servers with the worm in the same datacenter that are causing the problem. Hopefully it will be resolved by Monday.

Site is back up but its in 28.8k modem land at the moment. Hopefully it will even out as it all gets settled.

But at least its back.

Okay. Everything looks decent now.
smile.gif

eww.. that worm was a lot more powerful than I first thought... had a feeling it was amatuer but was wrong
mad.gif
ph34r the white hats you black haters!

hackers that work for the government or people that just dont like the people that make the viruses and such (black hats)

Back