ToJ Membership Sweep Oct'05

Plankeye

It's that time again...

The Tribe of Judah routinely performs membership sweeps to determine if members are still active. Over the next couple of weeks I will be performing one of these sweeps.

Again, membership sweeps are just to determine the active status of the members of ToJ. Member sweeps do not remove you from ToJ. We simply flag you as inactive in our roster. At any time in the future, you can be made active again by simply contacting the membership administrator (membership at toj dot cc).

How the sweep will be performed:

• Members who have recently joined or logged into the website in the last three months (Mid July '05 through the current day) are already determined to be active.
  • Members will have from now until Saturday (10/15/2005) to login to the website to be excluded from the sweep. For login issues please contact me.
  • Around this time on Saturday (10/15/2005), an email will be sent out to those that are left on the roster that we have not heard from in the last three months. The email will have some links in it. One will be to continue your active status as a member. One will be to set you as inactive and the last will be a request to be completely removed from the roster.
  • Members will then have one week to respond by clicking on one of the links in the email.
  • Emails that bounce back to me as bad addresses will be added to the inactive member list.
  • Towards the end of the week (10/19/2005), a final reminder will be sent to those that have not responded.
  • On 10/22/2005 any member who has not responded to the email will be set as inactive.
Any questions about the sweep can be directed to me or asked in this thread. Stay tuned to the forums and the website for more information.

Due to some technical difficulties, none of the emails for the member sweep were sent out this weekend. I have identified the problem and fixed the code and will be sending out the messages shortly. I apologize for this and hope to have this going asap.

Ok, the emails have now been sent. I am going to extend the deadline for responding to the emails to 10/24/2005 just to give a couple of days that were missed this weekend.

I received the email at my old email address... and was unable to connect to the link it gave me. No email was received at my new email address.

*doh, I updated my email here but forgot at the ToJ page... it has been updated now. But I still got an error yesterday when trying to click the link in the email.

Last edited:
That is strange. 102 members have already responded by clicking on the links so I am not sure what is causing problems with your email. Could you forward your email to me: plankeye (a) toj d0t cc so I can take a look? Worst case is I just make you active again after the sweep is over. Make sure to edit your profile on the site.

Tried it again today after getting home from work, and it worked this time without getting an error page. May have just been an oddity... you know those strange computer quirks that pop up and you never do find out what the cause is? ;)

Talori said:
Tried it again today after getting home from work, and it worked this time without getting an error page. May have just been an oddity... you know those strange computer quirks that pop up and you never do find out what the cause is? ;)
I've run into a few of those today. :p

Gen, if you did it before the 14th, then yes. If you did it recently, then no. But I could try to add something in that checks for that this week. I'll let you know in this thread or I'll just set you to active after I close out the sweep.

i never recieved an e-mail.... and i didt notice till last night...

Atown, emails are only sent to those who have not shown activity on the website in the last couple of months. If you have logged in at any time in the last three months, you would have not gotten an email as we can safely assume you are still active.

So far there are still over 300 people that have yet to respond to the emails. I will be sending out a reminder email to those left to respond.

On the site is not enough. I'll point this out again as I stated this pretty clearly at the top of this post.

# Members who have recently joined or logged into the website in the last three months (Mid July '05 through the current day) are already determined to be active.
# Members will have from now until Saturday (10/15/2005) to login to the website to be excluded from the sweep. For login issues please contact me.

Only new members in the last three months or members who have LOGGED into the website in the last three months are excluded.

mmm... i'm posting. I'm "busy with real life". Yuck. 4 days a week, after school acitivites and then 2 days a week tutorial center. yucccckk... i hope to play sometime again... maybe thanksgiving or winterbreak... : o

---SA

P.S.
I see our forums have been upgraded... fancy!

Just a friendly reminder. Monday of next week I will wrap up the member sweep. So if you got the email, please respond to it.

The membership sweep has wrapped up. I would like to thank everyone that responded. Again, if you have any questions, please refer to the first post in this thread first.

Back