ToJ membership musts?

Phix

Question came across on the server today. Someone asked if ToJ accepted only Christians...

Someone from ToJ replied that you must be a Christian to join the Tribes of Judah.

However I stated that you do not have to be a Christian, but if you're a nonchristian we encourage you to be one and, that we discriminate against no one and as long as you are willing to follow our rules and not slander us, or not go against anything of what we believe we have no problem whatsoever in allowing you to join.

Just my opinion because I believe, and the Bible states it to(Hebrews 13:1-9) that Christ accepts all, and that He was in the lowest of spots, and that He went to sinners, and I do believe nonchristians should be allowed in the community as long as they would follow the inplace rules.

Just want to clarify this, what do you guys think?

God Bless,
Sean aka Phix

Our charter pretty much would rule anyone out that is not a Christian:

http://www.toj.cc/join

I think everyone would agree we should always keep our doors open for others to join us on our forums, chat with us in IRC or play games on our servers but membership requires that you be a professing Christian.

This is no different then many churches.  The doors of the church are always open to anyone but membership is reserved for those who publicly profess their faith.  Membership comes with a different set of rules.  For those outside of our group, we pray an encourage them to accept Christ as their Lord and saviour.  But for members, we are called in several places like the end of James to hold each other accountable.  Members are held to a higher standard then our guests and that is a very important distinction between the two.

We should make like a special branch of ToJ reserved to nonprofessing Christians??

Thats one thing I would like to see, you know like a regular visitor thing, cause I know we do visitation and things in Church.

Also it would give us a great window to witness.

I know what you say to be true, but I just feel we should allow them some sort of position, such as a special membership or something for those who are not ones who profess but rather someone who would even just take the initiative to try and join the community.

I understand they shouldn't be looked on as the same status as a member, but we are to love all and accept all, and hopefully let the power of God and His grace change them, and I think we could develop an alternative membership to nurture those who are not believers, or have questions and such.

It's quite complicated.

I think I've even confused myself typing this reply because I know the word of God says true things about membership and then I also take into account that about how Christ is for all kinds, all races, genders, ages, etc. He went to the sinners, and all of that, I just want so badly to help those who ask the questions and I think we could develop an alternate way to membership rather than saying "Sorry guys, can't come truly be embraced unless you fully embrace Christ." Sounds harsh, but I don't think we sound that way; but unbelievers think of it that way I would say...

I don't know.
I'll pray about it.

God Bless,
Sean

Phix, My understanding is this ...... you can be apart of CGA without being a christian but ToJ is specifically for those who are christians and agree with the charter. CGA gives us places to witness etc. I hope this is making a bit more sense. Blessings,"Angel"

Phix, to be a member of ToJ, you must be a Christian.  The same way that to be a member of a church you must be a Christian. That said, we are not going to oust anyone from our servers for being a non-Christian.  Rather, by saying "Yes I am a Christian" and wearing the ToJ tag, you are accepting responsibility for acting in a Christ-like manner at all times in the online world.

You can participate in the servers, on TS, on IRC and the forums, but you cannot be an actual member, and as such, hold a position of authority within, ToJ without being a professing Christian. It's not a matter of trying to exclude people, but rather ensuring that our members and leaders are those willing to put Christ first.

Think of it this way.  Would you expect a member of your church to be Christian?  Is that not an aspect of truly becoming a member of the church?   By becoming a member of ToJ you are saying first and foremost that you are a Christian.  That is the defining characteristic of a ToJ member, that is what binds us all togethor.  We all play different games, we all live in different cities, attend different denominations of churches.  Yet we are all Christian.  To allow non-Christians to become members of ToJ, we shift our focus from being a community of Christians who like to play video games, to being a community of game players who follow the moral teachings of Christ.  

I have brought up such a concept in the past, and it was discussed by the Council, yet the thought was shot down by my own reasoning as I listed above.  Having this concept would cause that fundamental shift in what ToJ is.  As an elder of ToJ, that is a shift that I cannot support.

This is similar to the concept of getting a non-christian in a church no matter the cost..but the danger is simple, getting someone in a building, or getting a tag on their name... doesnt make them a christian... and without the purpose of leading to christ and bulding those who are christians.... then ... might as well turn all the servers off....

ToJ membership musts......have to be a christian, period.
The whole accepting Jesus as your savior and stuff.

Yeah I understand it completely, and I do agree with you.

Just leads me to believe actually how many people in ToJ are not truly Christians. Just like I know everyone in my church isn't saved.

Sad.

I would say of the members in ToJ.. around 70% are christians and around 20% are active christians working in toj.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I would say of the members in ToJ.. around 70% are christians and around 20% are active christians working in toj.

What about the other 10%? 70+20=90%.  
rock.gif

The other 10 just think the tag looks cool. Its the new cool cs tag, if u don't have it your not cool.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Corpfox @ Jan. 04 2005,5:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I would say of the members in ToJ.. around 70% are christians and around 20% are active christians working in toj.

What about the other 10%? 70+20=90%.
rock.gif
I think he means 10% aren't Christian?

I'd say if you're going to a pretty inactive church with no other christians in it, shake the dust off your shoes and find a new one! Church is a very good thing.
biggrin.gif

oh ok.. another british joke...

The royal "we" is "i".. as our monarchy always talk in the 3rd person... we do like to drink tea. one does play croquet often...lol

Back