Toj cs server funding

Toj cs server funding - Important

• Yes

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SuN

As Elite posted, the server lacks funding. Would you be willing to send - hypothetically - US$ 1.00 a month in the mail to keep the ToJ CS Server running?

Please ask other ToJ members to come check the forums, as this is an important issue for all those who play in the server.

Who hosts our server?
What are the cost involved?
Sorry to ask so many questions...But I NEED ANSWERS.

I was just in the server, and called all ToJ to come to the forums to learn more about the server funding issue.

As Icthus asked, there were other players that did not know runnning the CS server implicated in costs.

Maybe Elite or someone informed could come to this thread and explain what's involved in running the server?

I know that it's around US$35.00/month, and it pays for the computer, bandwith, number of players (16). That's the extent of what I know.

PS: Read following post and find out that <B>I AM WRONG</B>
sad.gif

The server costs $68 per month, that includes the server & bandwidth usage. The server supports 17 players, one of which is HLTV/admin spot (coming soon).

The server host is: www.laggyservers.com. .fls. uses them as well.

I think that we need to set up some way for people to support the server other than paypal.. I have an account but it took an age to setup and you really need a credit/debit card of some kind.

Of course there are a lot of toj people under 18 and not priveledged to such things.. (its 18 there right?)
Snail mail would be a good answer. Of course that requires somoene giving out their address and details for people to write cheques to..

Now i have no problem doing that but of course i am in england... so that sux. I really think we should look into it though. Maybe look at the idea of getting a toj postbox near elite..

Oh and another thing... $1 is a cool thing to do but i say put your money where your mouth is... make it $5 a month...

Then we only need like 15 people donating to have a server.

Im still waiting on my first paycheck... so i will taking part in this scheme when i can..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rizz @ Mar. 25 2003,5:36)]Oh and another thing... $1 is a cool thing to do but i say put your money where your mouth is... make it $5 a month...

Then we only need like 15 people donating to have a server.

Im still waiting on my first paycheck... so i will taking part in this scheme when i can..
ok.. I think I can put in a little more than $1 a month while still making $$ from my job... gemme a few days to get things together ^_^

(taxes > me)

i could prolly do like 1 to 5 $ a month even with no income
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rizz @ Mar. 25 2003,5:35)]I think that we need to set up some way for people to support the server other than paypal.. I have an account but it took an age to setup and you really need a credit/debit card of some kind.

Of course there are a lot of toj people under 18 and not priveledged to such things.. (its 18 there right?)
Snail mail would be a good answer. Of course that requires somoene giving out their address and details for people to write cheques to..

Now i have no problem doing that but of course i am in england... so that sux. I really think we should look into it though. Maybe look at the idea of getting a toj postbox near elite..
I personally don't think adding the PO box is necessary. It seems to me that it would just be an additional bill to worry about.

I wouldn't mind giving out my work address to receive donations. However, to keep money matters transparent, I'd avise to send money orders payable to whoever pays the server - Elite - or Thaddius, who's the treasurer for ToJ.

Uhhh... I just thought about a problem: during summer vacation I wouldn't be able to receive mail...
sad.gif
so forget using my work address...

We already have a ToJ donations paypal and Tek has been given permission to give my home address out if people want to send cash or checks. I can talk to Elite and Tek and maybe we can work something out where if donations are sent to me for the server, I can use paypal to transfer them to elite....

I would rather see Elite get as much to help with the server as possible. My out of pocket costs for the webhosting and stuff are no where near what he is paying. I have forwarded most of the donations people made in the past to Elite for the server, since it is really our only expense to date.

Elite, get with me (email or othewise) and we can talk if you want to do it this way.

Cory

That sounds like a good idea. You can send the payments to either myself, or Thad. If Thad receives them, he can either transfer them to me or if it's enough - pay it to our server host.

server host is only 9.95 a month for me.  a drop in the bucket when compared to the 80+ you pay for the CS server.

If you guys want my home address, shoot me an email and I'll reply to you with it.  I don't want to openly post in on the boards.  I can then get any funds that are non-paypal sent to elite from my checking account through paypal. email is "donations@toj.cc"

Cory

two things:

Elite - I just missed the mailman today. I left it in the box. $20 should be on the way to yer house by tomorrow afternoon)

Me - when I get my new comp, I can put up a smaller (10-man?) server as a secondary ToJ server, 24/7, if you like. it really depends on my bandwidth.

Back