Thoughts

Ultima Avatar

I find that when I sit alone and think about nothing in particular, I drift into uncharted waters of the mind and perhaps into thoughts that could not quite be categorized as "in the subjection of God's will".

Sometimes, I try to think about God, and that makes me feel unspeakably better, of what is to come, of the rewards despite what I have done, despite what I have never done.

Is it God that makes me feel this way? Is it right to feel oddly at peace with whatever's going on in the world and my life when I think: "You know, screw this life. One of these days I'm going to be given a freaking white rock with a name only God knows on it. And more cool stuff besides that. I won't be a brown-skinned kid who writes for fun and worries about carpal-tunnel syndrome striking him early. I'll be something ethereal and unearthly."

And then this thought hits and it all goes kaput: it's gonna be forever.
Sure, I see you going "Is this dude sane? What's wrong with forever?"
It's just that. I'm used to temporality. Is that sensation going to be erased? Should it? Will I go insane in heaven anticipating that it's going to end soon, and look forward to an end, to a night, to a way to prove that seconds are passing, that the stick's shadow is going around in a circle?
Or am I just overexaggerating what so many call "the greatness" and "The mystery" of God? Am I worrying too much? Should I just lift my arms to the sides and fall backwards into the river, expecting God to catch me? Is that how it should be? Is that how my faith should be? "Dudes...I really don't wanna skydive without a bungee cord, but if you say that a guy down there can catch me and I won't die, I'm up for it...dudes, this really sucks, but here it goes."
Is that it?

And is the peace that passes all understanding a peace that SURpasses all understanding, something supernatural and extranormal, going past what we know, just setting itself a notch above the mortal? Or is it a peace that grants to its bearers something that just calms them down with KNOWing, a knowledge of something, maybe everything all wrapped into one tiny nutshell.

Some concepts to ponder and hopefully have meaningful discussion upon.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It's just that. I'm used to temporality. Is that sensation going to be erased? Should it?
no worries man, I"m getting a huge pool of jello in heaven, and everyone is invited! no end needed...
heh, but seriously I really don't know. The thought has occured to me. If you did have an end, and everyone else lived eternally, wouldn't you be missing out? Just think of what we will be like after the equivalent of 120 years. the things we will know... Occasionally I think it could be boring, but then I realize I will be in the presense of God. I can't imagine how that would feel. Adam started off talking to God face to face, and had no idea what an insane privledge(for lack of better word) that was... I don't think I will want an end as long as I am with God. I don't see that happening.

I sometimes wonder the same thing. "Forever...? That's really long. And yet, it would be impossible to get bored. I think." lol
No man knows what wonders await him in heaven. It surpasses imagination, if you can imagine that. ~.^
Hey, if God made our imaginations to be ALMOST limitless, how much MORE limitless is He? Infinitely.
smile.gif

This is, indeed, one of those unponderable things. A matter of faith, you must beleive.
~Miriax

Since God does not exist in our time. e.g. no beginning or end.  I think that we won't have a series of moments that happen one after each other like it is in our universe.  

Like, in Revelation, it says the elders will keep laying down their crowns at (was it God or Jesus, I think it was Jesus) forever.  Now, would you think they pick their crowns back up and then give them back over and over again?  According to the theory that's in the first paragraph, this could be just one singular moment happening for eternity.

Anyways, I don't really know and will just have to wait till I go to Heaven.
smile.gif

Also, I highly doubt we will get bored.

i can't wait, well i can, but you know what i mean. To live IS christ and to die is gain.

I've had some amazing thoughts about heaven. Ie time is irrelevant. Imagine heading off to a service to hang out with jesus. 400 years later you come out after the most amazing worship of your existance, then you catch up with a mate you havne't seen for 12 thousand years, so you go exporing the glaciers of earth for a 1000 to catch up. Then go hang with paul for 50 years ( just a breath really), swing past a great cafe that Peter runs, and head back to worship for say a couple of hundred years, or a thousand or two...

It's says in the word that a thousand years to the lord is like a day. He says that a mans life is like a breath. quick. Time will mean little in eternity.

It's suppose to boggle the brain.

And then remember those that don't spend eternity in paradise.

time passes slowly there.

Work while it is still day.

sealcomm

Wow.
It amazing.

We need to remember that "TIME" its just like a measure unit... And we use it here. We need to adjust and are subject to this category: TIME. God doesn't.

Eternity it's not exactly a looooooooooooooooong time but sort of "Spiritual Sate" (very big quotes) God inhabits eternity... it even sounds like if it is a place
rock.gif

So we have in our bibles in Gn 1:1 "In the Beginning..." = Time begins to exists. (wow)
One thing to consider: In Revelation 10:6 says something that its absolutely amazing "that there should be time no longer"
rock.gif

mmm

ahhh

ehhh

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Hey, if God made our imaginations to be ALMOST limitless, how much MORE limitless is He?
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Like, in Revelation, it says the elders will keep laying down their crowns at (was it God or Jesus, I think it was Jesus) forever.  Now, would you think they pick their crowns back up and then give them back over and over again?
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It's suppose to boggle the brain.

And then remember those that don't spend eternity in paradise.

time passes slowly there.

Work while it is still day.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Eternity it's not exactly a looooooooooooooooong time but sort of "Spiritual State" (very big quotes)  God inhabits eternity...  it even sounds like if it is a place
I'm just sitting back soaking it all in. I never thought of these points before.... Good stuff

I know how you feel. I mean, I'll be there forever. I mean, if nothing new happened, I would think it'd get kinda boring. Maybe that's one of the reasons why Lucifer rebelled? But, I'm sure I'll enjoy it none-the-less.

here's some food for thought.

ever seen that movie city of angels with meg ryan ( me thinks) now it ISNT a theological movie.

BUT a Youth pastor friend and i talked for a couple of hours after watching that.

All the things the angel loses we will gain in eternity.

Here's some science. the light and sound spectrum have recently been noted to be the same spectrum NOT different. SO in heaven when you hear something you will see colour, and when you see colour you will hear sound.

In city of angels every morning the angels stand on the beach, face the sunrise and CLOSE their eyes. After it's risen they walk off and go about their daily routine.

When moses stayed in the rock and the lord passed by, image what 'wonders' were following him What sights and sounds, to show the glory of God!!!

Imaging Moses glowing, from being in the presence of the Lord. Imagine Adams glow!!!! The difference would be like looking at a light bulb that's on in it's socket. creation would have seen a 'little' light coming, (in the image of God), and when he was cast from the lords presence, his glow would have gone ( over how long?
rock.gif
) until you have what we are today. Imagine when we are plugged back in.

Every wonder why angels are accompanied by light?/ Maybe they have to turn things down.

food for thought.

sealcomm

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
In city of angels every morning the angels stand on the beach, face the sunrise and CLOSE their eyes. After it's risen they walk off and go about their daily routine.
Isn't there a verse that says there will be no sun, because God's glory will serve as a light?
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
Every wonder why angels are accompanied by light?/ Maybe they have to turn things down.
I would think that the angels have an "aura" of light around them because they themselves are holy.

Holy is something touched by God ( very loose definition) so of course angels glow.

Don't want to take it into a theological debate etc, but there is soooo much cool stuff if you think about it.

can't wait to see and hear sound together....waaaay coool.

Or even spend a couple hundred years sitting at moses' feet listening to what it was really like, with our amazing bodies and minds that will know everything in full, so when moses tells us, we will probably 'see' it like we were there....

who knows..

food for thought.

sealcomm

Great subject! I think everyone has wondered a time or two about a boredom factor in Heaven. No more pain, sorrow, good-byes, illness, injury...or boredom. Ever been with someone or somewhere that you never wanted that moment to end? Put all the best moments and experiences that you have had in life all together, in synch, and we still can't imagine the glory of Heaven. I can bungee jump, sky dive, scale mountains, ride on a tornado, horseback ride, deep sea dive, sunbathe on a cloud, fly all over Heaven at the speed of light...! Gates made of pearls, streets of gold so pure we can see through them, and ohhh, what must the music sound like? Listening to you guys talk, I think I will just enjoy traveling around and seeing each Spirits concept of Heaven! I am surprised no one mentioned gaming on an IMAX the size of the US! He goes to prepare a place for YOU! He knows my heart better than I do. He knows my likes and dislikes! I think, considering that, the marriage supper of the Lamb will most definitely have chocolate and piazza! A place for me:) I am going to have a truly awesome garden with lions and lambs walking around together! Ever look through a catalog of all the things you would like to have? Ever imagined fixing a room/house/car/yard to your liking and exact specifications? He goes to prepare a place...But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. I Corinthians 2:9
I don't believe satan was cast out due to boredom, but envy, pride, and jealousy. He wanted to be King of Heaven and get all the praise and glory that was being offered up to the LORD. Well, he had a small following he got to take with him.

lol You understand that is without fear or worry of getting my beautiful head smashed:D I love God's timing! Yesterday, before reading this post, I was listening to an internet broadcast about Heaven. Things got so busy at work I didn't get to focus on it. I love this site and greatly trust the preachers here.
http://www.baptist-city.com/heaven.htm
I hope you enjoy it. I am only on the second one. He is talking about being able to taste words because of having different senses. Then he asks how John 3:16 tastes. I want to know the full sense of God telling me He loves me and vice versus. (not that He hasn't told me that in a billion ways already.)
I know there are crowns for looking forward to Heaven. Is there one for getting people excited about Heaven? Crowns to you Ultima Avatar and everyone that posted here! It is exciting to have such a blessed hope to look forward to and to know that the one that promised cannot/would not lie!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Holy is something touched by God ( very loose definition) so of course angels glow.
That'd have to be extremely "loose", because here is the definition.

ho*ly adj ho*li*er, -est 1 : worthy of absolute devotion 2 : SACRED 3 : having a divine quality syn hallowed, blessed, sanctified, consecrated -- ho*li*ly adv
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I am surprised no one mentioned gaming on an IMAX the size of the US!
Video games in Heaven? Wouldn't that draw us away from God?

Mmm...yes, Moses crossing the Sinai in 8 bit...no thanks.
Or me taking up rocket launcher in hand and decimating the Vadrigar?
Dunno about that either.

I think it's best we don't think about it. So we won't be disappointed when it's not what we expect, or placed into some kind of ecstatic frenzy if we are.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]That'd have to be extremely "loose", because here is the definition.

ho*ly adj ho*li*er, -est 1 : worthy of absolute devotion 2 : SACRED 3 : having a divine quality syn hallowed, blessed, sanctified, consecrated -- ho*li*ly adv

christian

\Chris"tian\, a. 1. Pertaining to Christ or his religion; as, Christian people.

3. Pertaining to the church; ecclesiastical; as, a Christian court. --Blackstone.

4. Characteristic of Christian people; civilized; kind; kindly; gentle; beneficent.

The graceful tact; the Christian art. --Tennyson.

-is this the definition of a christian? careful where you pull your sources

Back