Thoughts on rerolling please

ursen

Officer SOE/LoE/Where's "here"?
Okay the candidates for reroll are The Salvationist a lvl 33 mes, Ursen a lvl 29 Engineer, and Permanoob a lvl 12 War. Replacement would be same name Necro, Thief, or Guardian. I can afford a new character slot, but don't want to get into severe altoism this round. Necro is a strong possibility because I don't want to really play Snookums but leave her for GB uses. Let's hear some thoughts, although I can't play on Sunday, I still have some time to play a Lowbie on Saturday.

NOT THE MESMER!!! I can't wait to get to mine - I can't imagine re-rolling a Mesmer. I've not played an engineer or thief - so can't offer much there. If I had to pick a re-roll it would be the Warrior. I have a 49 but shifted to something else. I just didn't like playing the Charr that much. I will be rolling a necro at some point.

The problem is I still am struggling with the Mes at lvl 33 and not getting the hang of it. Also it spends more time repping MooN than LoE. Engineer is another class I can't get the hang of, he has only made it to 29 by jewel crafting the last 4 levels.

On the Mesmer I would gladly help you with it sometime :). In game I'll be on shado or fieroteknics is my account name. I'm sure avenger would help there as well. Mesmer is a ton of fun once you get it down. It does have a learning curve. But, I can show you power, confusion, or condition/tanky builds. (Power is my fav). Also have 80 guardian and thief. Guardian is ultimate tank / support while thief is ultimate dps. Thief is veeeeeery squishy just to warn. Don't be dismayed at getting downed a lot if you go that route. The amazing rate at which things die make thief close to my favorite class though. In full serkers I'm getting 10k + backstabs. Face melting deeps :). Guardian on the other hand can take on 2 million opponents and party heal at the same time lol. Either way I like them both. If you keep Mesmer I will say this, Mesmer is the best 1v1 pvp I have. So if you want help with mes hit me up.

Power mesmer ftw! The biggest thing about leveling mesmer is to spam clones whenever possible - if you try to take on mobs head on, you will become very familiar with rezzing at the nearing waypoint. There are several utility skills that will create instant clones as well as a trait that creates a clone each time you dodge. Once you get the hang of shattering clones and keeping a steady stream of clones flowing, it's pretty faceroll. Honestly, I'm glad I leveled mesmer first since it requires some tactics and the other classes (except thief) seem to be able to stand in front of mobs and just whack them to death without much thought. I'd also be happy to help out with mesmer-related things, though I agree with the above post that Avenger is probably your best resource.

I'm getting excited (in a good way) by all this Mesmer talk. Can't wait to 80 my Guardian so I can start on my Mesmer again.

Who is this Avenger and what is a Power Mesmer?

Wait - I'll start another thread.

I just finished outfitting my condition mesmer (prec/tough/condition is expensive) to find that they are problematic in WvW at this point. Seems that the meta has everyone running around with -condition duration food and as many cleanses as possible. Guess confusion is just too effective. Looks like I need to jump on the shattercat bandwagon if I want to keep playing her in WvW.

I took her to sPvP, however, and condition/confusion there is awesome. Everyone talks about D/D eles (which is my main) being OP at PvP, but after playing D/D and doing all right, I switched to my condi mesmer and it felt like faceroll to kill almost anything besides a well-played staff Necro.

Then again, I wasn't doing tournament, where full teams probably means holding points is more important that destroying enemies, so I can imagine how D/D bunker ele shines there.

OK here was the solution. Spent almost all of my gold on gems and bought new slot. The new character is a Sylvari Necro named (drumroll please)

Lillian Squish

Back