Thoughts and Ramblings

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionOfJudah

Member, Dreamcast Fishing Guru
This may or may not get deleted who knows.

many here probably barely know me, or know me as the guy who came to MC as eorLL and then vannished.

the truth is i was apart of ToJ for nearly 5 years, i taught at the ONLY convention they have done to date in my knowledge, and i hope they do one again (<3 goes out the the tulsa crew). i was a leader with ToJ at one point. with that said please listen to what i say a bit.

reading over the forums i have knowticed two things.

1) loyality to people and not the idea, the dream that redeemed is, a community where Christians can come together. ( I was there when the dream was casted by bowser and it was talked about at the mentioned convention above)
now there are two christian guilds we can go out and have more influence on the community
you are only showing the community what they see in the church in real life, that we can not get over petty squables and arguments to come together. As a Christian in a non Christian guild i speak from first hand knowledge that you are thinking far bigger but your impact will be very small if knowticable. if that sounds harsh sorry but its the truth. Stoop, and I both have been in Roadkill now for over a year basicly and i have yet to see a mighty work of the Lord there, like what some people may be envisioning, but i am able to bring a Christian minded consel to the table. that does not matter based on a guild tag, but when you have two Christian guilds arguing and splitting its no different than having a local church split. No there is no ideal perfect guild, its like family and friends you have to work at it to make it work, it honestly saddened me more than you will comprehend.

2) Items item purple ooo must have.... that ultimately seems to be the issue where, people wanting more purples or to raid more, two different mind sets occur in the game those that want to raid and get better items and those that play to enjoy friends and fellowship (no matter where the quest leads them be it MC or redridge to help a lvl 18). it saddens me that when i ran with Redeemed on their MC's that I would witness people desiring the items a bit too much, or sending tells to players to pass so they could get the purple.
How are we denyning our selves and taking up our crosses daily, thats not just a real world thing that is something we have to do in game as well.

This post may come off as sounding harsh, you may choose to disregard anything i say because i am no longer a member of Redeemed, or ToJ for that matter (i asked to be removed when i left Redeemed). I have never had anything but high hopes for Redeemed or ToJ, i have encouraged my friends to join redeemed even my own sister because i knew it would be a safe place for her to play, now i am glad she is in roadkill because i can watch after her because the Christian family i had entrusted her to seems to have failed to that end.

Remember our priorities. this is for all of us, myself included, we are aliens in this world, dont get to comfortable here.

Finally i exhort us all to fix our eyes on Jesus the author and perfector of our Salvation. Do not just give him lip service, make EVERY effort to live at peace with those around you, suffer for doing what is right, do not repay evil with evil, but instead repay evil with a blessing.

Ps 63:1 O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water.

Ps 63:2 I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.
Ps 63:3 Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.
Ps 63:4 I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.
Ps 63:5 My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

Ps 63:6 On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night.
Ps 63:7 Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.
Ps 63:8 My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.

Ps 63:9 They who seek my life will be destroyed;
they will go down to the depths of the earth.
Ps 63:10 They will be given over to the sword
and become food for jackals.

Ps 63:11 But the king will rejoice in God;
all who swear by God’s name will praise him,
while the mouths of liars will be silenced.

It is only when we are united that we can live a compelling lifestyle to bring about a radical change in ourselves and those around us.

I was thinking about replying to one of the current topics on this subject or doing something like LoJ's...but now that I'm more of an outsider, I did not. LoJ summed up most of my thoughts in his well written post...except the typo's!

T
2) Items item purple ooo must have.... that ultimately seems to be the issue where, people wanting more purples or to raid more, two different mind sets occur in the game those that want to raid and get better items and those that play to enjoy friends and fellowship (no matter where the quest leads them be it MC or redridge to help a lvl 18). it saddens me that when i ran with Redeemed on their MC's that I would witness people desiring the items a bit too much, or sending tells to players to pass so they could get the purple.
How are we denyning our selves and taking up our crosses daily, thats not just a real world thing that is something we have to do in game as well.

This is my biggest problem with the raiding that we do. In the mage crew we tried to operate on a fair who needs what atmosphere. If there are weeks that go by and I get nothing so be it. My team is overall improved by people getting gear. I am happy that I can hear the joy brought to them by their getting the purples. This needs to be done more. With the original mage team you could sense the love and respect we have for one another and it showed in our team work and gameplay over all.

A guild is not a (or the) Church. We are all largely still a part of ToJ, but as a group of gamers, we are here to play WoW and have fun. As Christians, we take our Christianity everywhere we go, and a primary part of life is living a Christ-centered life. That extends to WoW in many of our rules and expectations.

A few key people had issues with how rules are being enacted and enforced in Redeemed. This issue is over -- those in leadership made their decisions and we can respect them even if we disagree. However, some of us felt that the overall feel of the guild was becoming more an insulation from non-Christians than an outreach.

There is a place for both -- a purely Christian guild that interacts only rarely with others (in PuGs or weekly large raids) and a guild with a Christian environment that includes non-Christians with the understanding that they behave within our expectations. There are people who will be blessed by both, and people who would be pushed away if only one group existed.

As for conflict, if somebody is convinced that Christians will never have conflict, they will be in for quite a ride if they ever interact with a group of Christians! It is not the absense of conflict, but our attitude and actions in the midst of conflict that displays our Christianity. I have heard many people disappointed with the actions of others over the past few weeks, but I have heard very little hatred or bitterness. Even Christians can have their feelings hurt (!) but our mandate for forgiveness leads us to a resolution that maintaining grudges will never match.

Please don't take offense to this statement. I think if you dont play the game alot you have no room to talk. I just get tired of people giving their input to something when they don't play that much. Redeemed is not a church. It is a guild of people with like interests & beliefs. I am a christian but I have personal goals in the game. Yes I want purples and have a drive to continue to progress through the game and better my characters. To say that is the only reason I play however would be false. I play to continue to improve my characters. I also wish to do this with friends. I enjoy also helping friends accomplish their goals. To say that purples are "The root of all Evil" and that people will do anything to get them truly makes me take offense. However to say that I should have no hope of improving my character in game and that I should continue to play just to run around and give everyone warm fuzzies inside you are sadly mistaken. So please do not try and pass judgement on people for having goals and drive to play with friends to accomplish those goals. It does make me take offense as I am sure others by what is posted. During my playtime I also look for opportunities to share my witness and my lifestyle with others. By having goals and helping others achieve their goals can be as great of witness as just running around a doing good deeds. I know nobody in Redeemed or Santification that would be described as you have listed above. The posting of this clearly is a misrepresentation of current affairs or of what is actually going on.

/Vent off

I have forwarded information to the officers of Redeemed and it is now their privilaged information. It sheds light on the situation at hand.

I understant how this split looks to those who are not as involved as the Officers of Redeemed, myself and Goblit are. I am so sorry for how it looks, but it must be this way for a time.

I am moving with full consel and guidance of the Holy Spirit even though people do not understand. Even I don't understand. Let me assure you with this, I was presented with a door, the only door I that I could go through. This is a true vision. Through the door I saw pain and suffering, especially of those who love and hold very dear, all caused by me. There was no other door for me to go through. I know this door represented the only choice I could make, there was no other choice. I struggled for nearly 10 days with this, I questioned God, how dare you present me with only one choice. I didn't understand why I had to go through the door all I knew was I had to. I made the decision and followed this path.

It caused turmoil, it caused hurt. And I carried and still do carry, so much weight for it. I've face great prosecution, love has turn to hate towards me. I'm ok with this for it needs to happen. The Lord has comforted me with the knowledge that he carries the burden by carrying me. I have spent the last few days working through the turmoil and this morning I came to a great peace. An understanding of Gods will for me if you will. I turned back towards the door I stepped through and many faces that were weaping in pain before I stepped through had begun healing.

I think back at Miracles hurtful words of yesterday morning, they did not hurt me. I knew that he, and others, needed to be brought to a place where they could come closer to God so that they can be strong when and where the need to be strong. They face a great challange I know many have been brought through their fires as well.

Many do not know the implications or the reasoning behind my decsion and maybe someday it will come out, I'm not even sure if Tek is aware for I have not talked to him, I have not been able to bear the weight of talking to him.

But know this and may it bring you peace, I have just now as I write this, placed all the hurt that you, Tek, have caused me, even before you may have become made fully aware of it, at the feet of my savior, along side that of the hurt Alizak has caused me, along with all those who hurt me with Alizak whether intentional or not, and have forgiven it all.

With that said, I can no longer remain under your authority Tek and I have approached Kidan about what I have to do to be removed from the ToJ roster.

two things to address

first Yes redeemed is the church, because never once in the entire new testament is the church referred to as a building, it is always referred to as when a body of believers come together. therefore Redeemed as well as any Christian organization is a church,

secondly i play alot i have 5 60's and then some trust me i greatly understand the desire to progress it was one of the driving forces that had myself and others like stooped, kammy, couture choose to leave redeemed when we did.

as for a misreprensentation, seeing FJ taking a break and knowing his character it would take a gross deal to make that happen.

the community of believers needs to stay focused, it may appair to some that i am a complete outsider, but that is only because you dont know me, i do my best to keep an eye on this community which i love, through friends that are deeply imbedded with the community and by the reading of the public forums.

GP- i will pray for you, and i thank you for being the bigger person over the course of the years when we have butt'ed heads, i want to thank you personally for being kind and understanding with the young fool i was, and still am at times. May God continue to bless the fruits of your labor and the works of your hands.

Are all Redeemed members christian? I know a few that aren't, I will not name names because of what is going on, but they enjoy how no cussing and everyone "seems" to be kind.

Also as for the "Phat lewtz" I have seen so much graciousness in that department, if a mage perhaps wanted somethign and has been saving for that item only, I have seen all other mages pass.

Or take for instance Young, he passed 2 times on epics in 1 night for me, I was excited don't get me wrong, but I don't run MC ONLY to get "phat lewtz" I run it to progress everyone as well. If I did ONLY want phat lewtz, why would I even come/try for attempts on domo/rag? I get nothing out of it, I could easily say after first attempt, and lots of others just say "Oh I have work." but really got what they wanted and left, but no, majority stay ( some do leave but usually not after first try, and they have good reasons). We want to progress as a TEAM. We are called/were called TE doesn't say GE says SPECIFICALLY TEAM ETERNITY. Also though on the decision who gets lavacores/DI+ other stuff, I think we should share it between us and Sanctification, and on the Redeemed website get a "Alliance list" and put "Sanctification" on there.

I don't think either of these two guilds, show ZERG everything for themselves or come to a truce of 50/50 but we all earned our way to Rag, and therefore I think we share instead oF ZERGING everything. I was there the day we went to Rag first time, and im still in Redeemed, Avesther/Goblit/Deamiter+ lots others were there also that are now in our "ALLIANCE" guild "Sanctification." So i think neither guild should ZERG all these items.

first Yes redeemed is the church, because never once in the entire new testament is the church referred to as a building, it is always referred to as when a body of believers come together. therefore Redeemed as well as any Christian organization is a church,
If you want to define a church as any group of believers that come together (for whatever reason) then yes, Redeemed is a Church. It's been mentioned a number of times that there is a divide here between people who primarily value an organization and people who primarily value people. To you, perhaps, having a solid organization to point to is very important. To many of us, it is the people we've made friendships with that has lead to our joining Sanctification.

I notice that although a Christian and very concerned about Redeemed, you have chosen not to be a part of the Redeemed church in WoW. You have chosen to be a part of a non-Christian guild focused (as far as I know -- which is very little) on gaming and raiding. Those of us who have joined Sanctification have made the same choice for the same reason. We have joined with our friends to have fun playing World of Warcraft. For some, Redeemed will continue to thrive as a church, but many of us are here to play WoW first. MY church meets down the block, at its members houses and on the streets when we stop to chat. I am not playing World of Warcraft to be a part of a church, but to enjoy myself in a game. The many friends I have made here are wonderful, and the Christian atmosphere is amazing, but like you, I'm here to play a game.

Sometimes it feels like we are not doing anything here as a witness for Jesus. But we are a witness of great magnitude. I was for all sense and purpose a member, without the guild name, of "ONE". I proudly wore the name "Redeemed" while I gamed with them. Feedback that I got from them and what they posted on the WOW forums showed that all eyes were watching the children of God in action! One of the leaders of "ONE" sent 2 people that are dear to him to be members of our Guild.... his nephew and his wife.....

Some of them of them wanted to see how we looked while Raiding.... they also want to have a more pleasant atmospher than where they are at . What they do undersand is fairness and what is respect toward each other ... or lack of it ......

Some hate us no matter what we do ...... But mark my words ...They are watching .

I am requesting that I be removed from ToJ. It has became clear to me that I am in ToJ for obviously the wrong reasons according to the leadership. I will not be returning to the forums as this will be my last post. I still will embrace all members of Redeemed that I have came into contact with but do not wish to be a member of ToJ any longer.

Thanks Reco.

I am requesting that I be removed from ToJ. It has became clear to me that I am in ToJ for obviously the wrong reasons according to the leadership. I will not be returning to the forums as this will be my last post. I still will embrace all members of Redeemed that I have came into contact with but do not wish to be a member of ToJ any longer.

Thanks Reco.
"Obviously the wrong reasons"? What are your reasons then?

"According to the leadership?" I don't recall stating anything contrary to the vision of Tribe of Judah, nor contrary to the charter to which all members agree when they join.

Vague messages such as "I'm dissatisfied, I'm leaving," especially when posted publicly before contacting me privately and trying to resolve the issue or at least hear my perspective, are frustrating, confusing, and produce no positive results. There are many people who are striving to resolve current conflicts, and it doesn't help when a member places little or no faith in leadership, fails to research the situation more extensively, or decides not to wait until leadership has formulated a public reply.

I will not hold any Tribe of Judah members against their will, but I would hope that more than seven years of success would at least buy a few days so that those working so hard behind the scenes could give their strongest effort toward reconciling hurts and damaged relationships.

Honestly what right do you have to come here and tell us we are greedy for leaving redeemed when you bailed a long time ago to go get "phat lewts" and had no interest in helping redeemed in MC since then. I dont see any of that happening with redeemed/sanctification before or after the split. I have seen people discuss passing for another to get something they really needed/wanted but its not like there was name calling, back stabbing, or any innappropriate behavior going on. We are all friends here. I would agree with you if Goblit and Avesther left and went to some huge raiding guild, Fallen, Ateam, etc to do NAXX and AQ40 every week and invited a few people with enough gear to follow them and just abandoned everyone that has been grinding through MC every week with them but that simply isnt whats happening. Sanctification is basically a bunch of friends from Team Eternity getting together, questing, grouping, playing alts, playing with redeemed and Raiding with Redeemed and trying to keep everything pretty much the same with a few different guild tags. Only difference is Sanctification has a few extra non christians that just happened to be standup people that follow every rule just as well. And since tek decided to discontinue the sponsorship program conviently right after goblit left so any non christian cannot become a Redeemed member it seems like a good safe sanctuary for them in Sanctification.

Where, you are such a fighter and I have much love for it in you.

I'll set the record straight, even though it may not be enough. LoJ has helped us in MC in the beginning while we are learning. You did not know this, how could you? This is his DKP list.

Was the recent stuff sassy running his char? I remember her being there a few times but dont know eorll. Im sorry, you did help in MC though LOJ.

All the MC runs I have been on (90% of the MC runs since I joined redeemed) there hasnt been any fighting over loot that I have seen. Maybe the time myth questioned a rogue getting a gun with %crit on it but that has been the extent of anything close to bad behavior over loot. I think we are all pretty fair, maybe not as fair as what Beriale describes the mages doing, I like how they get together and decide who needs it the most or deserves it the most. Honestly though if we all wanted loot we would all go our seperate ways and get into guilds that are in BWL and beyond that DO have MC on farm status instead of trying to stay together and raid and find the way to put MC on farm status our self. I think we all have friends in bigger guilds, I know my friend in 9th circle says they have low attendance on their MC runs because people just dont need it, how easy would it be to tag along and collect loot they dont want or need. I like the aspect of learning the bosses with everyone else though, not being walked through everything.

I will not be leaving Team Eternity. We will all move on to BWL. Odds are I will be to the point that my gear will enable me to go there and higher this week....I will not leave. I want everyone in the team to progress and enjoy this game together. We all deserve it.

i left Redeemed and ToJ over 2yrs ago before they even had the capacity to run MC, which was something i had been pushing (recruit more to run MC ect) also as stated i have come many times to help redeemed, infact its because of redeemed my paladin has the stuff he has now.

i have provided help as much and often as i could while remaining loyal to my current guild, even on our off nights or when i wasnt in our main raid i would run with Redeemed till i was told by my class officer that, that can not happen and had a huge issue with it.

for the record sass never plays my characters unless its to make water for my mage pre raid over the summer when i was at the church till raid time for my mage's guild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back