This is why we play.

I was fortunate enough tonight to be a part of Basp completing the storyline at Hell's Precipice. Myself, Halonic, and Astrodood joined up with a few others and hammered it out.

We had a great attitude (especially Basp, who carried a 60% DP through much of the mission). We nearly were defeated a couple of times, but hung in there and got the job done.

Afterward, I was very happy to hear comments from two of the members of our team. A Warrior named Gideon Death-something said we were the "best team he'd ever played with"-- and he was cussing like a sailor over the team chat. The other teammate, an E/Mo named Yuna, said, "I like your guild." She then asked what SoE stood for, and we all informed her that SoE is Spirit of Elijah, a Christian guild. She then remarked, "It's good to see a guild stand for something besides just the game."

This type of interaction is the vision that Silver and Gideon had when they started SoE, and the vision that I share. As St. Thomas Aquinas (I think?) said, preach the Gospel daily, and use words when necessary. Great job of representing us guys.

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff said:
As St. Thomas Aquinas (I think?) said, preach the Gospel daily, and use words when necessary. Great job of representing us guys.
St. Francis of Assisi. :)

It's great to read such an encouraging story.

:) It was definitely a fun time. Halonic and myself will be playing late tonight if any of you need help or want to join us.

Uh....nothing of much consequence to contribute beyond what everyone else has already said, so....

Ditto! :)

When we are willing to let Christ be part of every part of our lives it's an awesome thing what can happen. It took years for me to learn this at work. But when I started giving each day to Him I started seeing Him use me in the coolest ways; witnessing to the people I worked with. I'm still learning this with online gaming, but the lesson is still true. We play games to have fun, but if we just wait and expect Christ to do something special, He will! =)

Right on guys. This is a good attitude and right thinking. We don't have to leave Jesus behind when playing, we just need to ask Him... and then look for the opportunities He will provide us with to plant seeds in GW.

Back