this a virus?

Atown

Christian Gamers Alliance Amazon Store Manager
Staff member
if u will remember a while back i posted a website that disproved what another website said about paul being a deceiver. i sent my website addy to the owner of the anti-paul website and i finally received a response. aparently he just sent an attachment with the name: your_website.pif (23 KB) . aparently hotmail decided to block it so im assuming it was a virus. anyone know exactly if it was a virus or not??

Dunno for sure, Im not too trusting of hotmail tho. Maybe check on the Norton site, they have a ton of info that is updated daily.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Atown @ Mar. 04 2004,4:55)]if u will remember a while back i posted a website that disproved what another website said about paul being a deceiver. i sent my website addy to the owner of the anti-paul website and i finally received a response. aparently he just sent an attachment with the name: your_website.pif (23 KB) . aparently hotmail decided to block it so im assuming it was a virus. anyone know exactly if it was a virus or not??
That is interesting. I would suggest not risking it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Short for Program InFormation file, a type of file that holds information about how Windows should run a non-Windows application. For example, a PIF file can contain instructions for executing a DOS application in the Windows environment. These instructions can include the amount of memory to use, the path to the executable file, and what type of window to use. PIF files have a .pif extension .

I got hte following quote from a website.. I suggest not opening it, but erase it straight away. It contains information that can run weird things on ur computer, and it can, and possibly totally screw up ur computer Operating System.

lol norton said this bout pif:
PIF.Delwin.Trojan Zoo 11-19-2002
PIF.Fable.Worm Category 1 10-31-2000

its the 2 it protects against. lol this is kinda funny in a way

Download AVG. It's a much better virus scanner. It's completely free, and you do not have a limit on how much you can use it. You can set it to update as much as you want, too.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jango @ Mar. 05 2004,11:59)]Download AVG. It's a much better virus scanner. It's completely free, and you do not have a limit on how much you can use it. You can set it to update as much as you want, too.
Yea thats what I use now as well. After norton dident catch the w32.pinfi cirus on my computer I was mad. To be honest Atown if I were you first I would ask if she knew it was a virus and then depending on her (I think it is a she but I cant remember) response I would call the police. Viruses are a federal offense now arent they?

lol, im pretty sure he/she knew it was a virus if the attachment name was "your_website" . and honestly, no harm was done and it just shows that, if their only response is a virus then their own info was folly to believe if they wont/cant defend it properly.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Atown @ Mar. 07 2004,10:53)]lol, im pretty sure he/she knew it was a virus if the attachment name was "your_website" . and honestly, no harm was done and it just shows that, if their only response is a virus then their own info was folly to believe if they wont/cant defend it properly.
Yea she was kind of an idiot. It was a mistake to name that website as that wasent one of the major ones (although at the time I thought it was but I couldent remember) I studied off of but oh well. I would still get her thrown in jail if I were you. People like that irritate the crap out of me. "Oh somone is going to make me think what to do what to do?! I know I will ruin and expensive piece of equipment so I dont have to!!!"

lol, i looked on the brightside bro, lol. mind sendin me a pm of a couple more websites that u studyed off of cuz i enjoyed reading the prevous one.

Back