There is no spoon

Justice

So it's been a long time since I've even looked at the ToJ website. So I checked up on it today and browsed your chapter listing and noticed it really isn't any different than before. So I looked at what chapters are dying and which ones you are looking to form soon. But I was disappointed.

The next MMO chapter you are forming is for WoW. The one you have now is DAoC. Now, I started playing DAoC because I enjoyed the idea of RvR and after playing on a friend's account a few times decided I would like it very much. However, I soon learned that the fun of RvR wasn't worth the endless boring level treadmill I had to go through before I got to the point of where I wanted to be. So I quit playing before even reaching lvl 25. Soon, however, they will be releasing a new expansion that will change all that to the extent that not only could I level while doing RvR, I could RvR from lvl 1-50. Yay. That made my day. You see, I've tried many many MMO's and they are all the same. The same level treadmill, the same boring camping of spawns of monsters for hours to get a meager amount of experience, only to do it again and again day in and day out. I hate this. When I was in my short stint as a game developer, every member of the team discussed this and it was decided that we would find a solution to this. If we didn't like playing the game, we couldn't expect others to.

Now, I still won't be going back to DAoC for other reasons not worth mentioning at this time, but I feel they are finding a solution, something other MMO's still aren't even approaching. But now you guys want to go play WoW? Let me tell you something about WoW. It's the same old crap. It is nothing new, nothing special, and it won't be better than DAoC. And anyone who isn't playing an MMO now and thinks WoW is going to be great, it isn't. I played it. It's just like any other MMO. I've also played other MMO's that aren't being released anytime soon that you may have heard of at E3, and they aren't anything new either, no matter what they say on paper.

But there is one MMO that I think will not only be new and different, but it's something I think ToJ should be a part of. The Matrix Online. I've been following this game since it was announced. I was there when the community opened, I've talked with the big boys, I know just about all there is to know about it. Beta testing will be starting in a couple days, which means the game will be released soon. And I think this of all games is where a clan like ToJ could actually be what they need to be. What better place than Zion? We as Christians have a unique outlook on the whole environment because it is shaped around what we know. The concepts are not foreign to us. The Matrix is real to us and the mission of the Zionists is our mission as well.

I think many here should think about this. Maybe this is the game for you and you didn't know it. I know I'll be there, hopefully day one. Anyone else going to join me?

love your idea!! i haven't really played any games in this style. But i have been interested in what i have heard about the matrix.

I also agree with you in regards to camping to gain experience. This is why so many people use cheats. I think skill should be rewarded not investing huge amounts of time.

Keep us informed!!

sealcomm

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Now, I still won't be going back to DAoC for other reasons not worth mentioning at this time, but I feel they are finding a solution, something other MMO's still aren't even approaching. But now you guys want to go play WoW? Let me tell you something about WoW. It's the same old crap. It is nothing new, nothing special, and it won't be better than DAoC.

Thats the good thing about opinions.  We can all have different ones.  As for why we are looking at a WoW chapter, that is the game that people are interested in.  If  YOU want to start a chapter for Matrix Online, and YOU are willing to lead it and put time and effort into it and find enough people to make it successful, then by all means, ToJ will support it.  It takes people who are willing to do it to make it successful.  Your post is the first I have seen on our boards about it.  If enough people show interest and the leaders are set in place, then it will be look at seriously.

This quote is from Tek7 himself from his Barriers and Bypasses speech.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]- No new chapters will be established unless they are first fully staffed. If I conclude that there is insufficient activity within a chapter within the first month of its establishment, it will be set as inactive.

Cory

My point to my original post was that I don't think you guys should even bother with WoW since it isn't any different than any current MMO's. But I can't expect you to understand why, nor can I expect you to just give up on WoW.

So I guess now the point is to see if there's enough people here interested in at least making a crew for the game. I'm not even on the ToJ roster atm since I was inactive, but as you can see by my reg date for these forums, I've been around for a long time. I went inactive because there are no chapters that I'm interested in, I seem to play all the games you guys don't. And well... that made me just a simple forum user and there wasn't much going on with that either. But I haven't stopped being a gamer, in fact I did a lot more than I ever thought I'd do as a gamer(including a short stint in a development studio), so I'm active elsewhere. But if enough people here wanted to do this, I'd definitely push for it. I love the Matrix, I know a lot about MXO, and I've been a part of the community since it opened.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]But I haven't stopped being a gamer, in fact I did a lot more than I ever thought I'd do as a gamer(including a short stint in a development studio), so I'm active elsewhere. But if enough people here wanted to do this, I'd definitely push for it. I love the Matrix, I know a lot about MXO, and I've been a part of the community since it opened.

Sounds like you have a lot to offer, the real question is not whether or not there is a spoon but, what is stoping you from stepping into a leadership position and getting the ball rolling? You don't need to recruit strictly from ToJ to form another chapter, the idea is to gather other like minded Christians who enjoy the game from around the gaming scene.

I signed up for the beta, and will check it out if I am selected.
tounge.gif

cory

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gods_Peon @ May 27 2004,3:28)]Sounds like you have a lot to offer, the real question is not whether or not there is a spoon but, what is stoping you from stepping into a leadership position and getting the ball rolling?  You don't need to recruit strictly from ToJ to form another chapter, the idea is to gather other like minded Christians who enjoy the game from around the gaming scene.
I have no problem taking up a leadership role. Heck, I was sorta leader of the UT chapter a long time ago. But it was reeeeeal dead back then.

I can definitely push for recruitment into ToJ, I know a few avenues for that. I don't want to recruit for an MXO crew though if we aren't going to get this going. I'd like to see a few ToJers who are definitely going to do MXO before I start a crew, then I'll put out the word and once the crew gets big enough, start the chapter. I know I can find people out there, it's just a matter of having the home to come to, know what I mean?

If you want to be just regular crew or staff, email me at xteresisx@hotmail.com

Let me know if you are interested in being staff and what skills you have that qualify you for that. Web design, graphics, leadership, etc. Experience helps but isn't necessarily required.

Ok guys, I need a headcount. Been contacted by a couple others outside CGA from the MXO community too. We have a few months before MXO is out, but it'd be nice if we could launch the chapter prior to the game going gold. I'd rather not do the website myself, as I'm very, very rusty when it comes to that and I'm just now learning web templates in PS, so it'd be great if someone talented would take that up. Everyone that is committed to doing this, I need to know. I will be playing MXO, more than likely from day 1. So either post here that you are going to do this, or PM me, whichever is better for you. Thanks.
blues.gif

Back