The "What Did you Get for Christmas 2006" Thread

I didn't count it as a Christmas present, but I did recently buy myself a used Playstation 2 as well.

MWAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

(That's an inside joke. Or I should say, and inside maniacal evil-overlord laugh.)

I believe Dea already announced our joint gift to each other, a nice black macbook core duo that dual-boots into XP or Mac OSX. Dea also gave me the original Neverwinter Nights game (the pack that includes all the expansions) and her relatives as usual flooded me with all kinds of nice small gifts and gift cards. From my relatives I received a nice shiny black/chrome Archos Gmini XS100 MP3 player (4GB), so now I'll be enjoying my choice of 1500+ downloadable audio books available through my library. Oh and our friends the Holdens gave me the ultimate geek tabletop game, Munchkin. (I owned it previously but it was stolen.)

I often feel guilty getting gifts at Christmas time, because there are so many people in the world who lack so much. But ultimately I realize that it isn't me receiving the gifts that is the point but the love and good intentions of those who have given them to me, which reflects the love God had for me and his gift of eternal life for those who believe in Him.

Paul

i got
satsuma orange,
frappichino,
chai
a cougar sweatshirt,
carhartt shirts
$85 from grandparents
several books.

was fun, i enjoyed it

Those satsuma oranges are great, I always buy a few for Dea and myself when they are in season.

I think it is great to follow the tradition of putting a piece of fruit in everyone's stocking. When you realize how much of a rare treat that used to be for most people, to enjoy a piece of fresh fruit on Christmas, you realize how extremely blessed we are in this day and age.

[/librarian hat]
Hey, if you end up reading any of those books be sure to post about them and let us know if they're any good. ;)

Paul

I've received nothing yet. I'm on deployment and waiting for a box from home that should be there the next time we pull into a port. There is a $25 Best Buy gift card waiting for me at home somewhere, but that's all I know of so far.

Let's see, what did I receive?

Santa brought me Attribute and Colossal Arena, both card games. Paul gave me a couple of small gifts, including a set of green votive holders I had been drooling over.

Paul's family bought me a Nintendo DS Lite in Onyx Black, with a case. I then used some of the money my aunt sent me to buy Animal Crossing. Yay! In my family's gift exchange I got a pretty platter...which I returned for a compact little hand mixer! Go figure...

I received other gifts, but the most meaningful was the beautiful gold bracelet my mother gave me...because she probably saved for two years to buy nice bracelets for my sister, my cousin, and I.

What was best about Christmas? We spent Christmas day with my family, and that evening with our best friends and their two little girls. Paul's family got together the next day at our house, including our seven-month-old nephew, the first child in the family! I feel quite smug that OUR gift was his favorite, both before and after the unwrapping!

Don't kids make Christmas more special?

I've received nothing yet. I'm on deployment and waiting for a box from home that should be there the next time we pull into a port. There is a $25 Best Buy gift card waiting for me at home somewhere, but that's all I know of so far.
Well, add my heartfelt appreciation of your sacrifice. Thanks for serving.

Back