The Ultimate Conspiracy

tjguitarz

I live in a house with 4 other guys at school. We have cable internet. We all directly hook up our computers to the internet with wires. We don't have wireless internet. I am the only one that uses iTunes. And yet, what's this? Under "shared" in my iTunes I see "Courtney's Limewire Downloads" and "*insert chinese letters here*" and "Tim's Playlist." Does that mean someone's stealing our internet? How can I see them unless they're hooked up to my network?

Hmm...

Is anyone using a laptop or desktop with a wireless card in it, and sometimes, in some cities, your cable may be shared among a few different households, but even then you should not be able to see their networking... My only thought is that someone is using a laptop and has wireless enabled, and someone is tapped into their laptop (I have done this, very easy)...

We have a router. I don't understand your advice at all :-(
Try changing the router's admin login and password.

Using letters and numbers randomly is good for things like this. Your car's VIN will work well for this; look inside the driver's door or on the driver's side lower portion of the windshield. (Letters "O" and "I" are zero and one... there are no i's and o's in VINs.)

Last edited:
You are right that shared libraries means you are on the same network with them. Somehow your connection is being shared. Are you sure your current router doesn't have wireless capabilities? Can you log into it and check? Also def change the user/pass like Odale said.

Back