The Scourge

Levite

Well i just got my PC gamer magazine a couple of days ago. This months issue was on MMORPGs. I was skimming though all of the MMOs listed and i came to the World of Warcraft part. Quote" Lead Game Designer Jeff Kaplan also revealed a few extra surprises planned for the game before the release of The Burning Crusade. An upcoming free patch will introduce and ominous world event to the game - "The Scourge has been an ever-present but largely dormant threat to Azeroth since the game's launch," Kaplan says. "Our plan is to bring them back to the forefront of the story, launching horrific Scourge invasions on various points in the world to which player must respond. [These attacks will] Remind adventurers that the Lich King still exsists and has his claws sunk deeply into the world." Quote

Very Interesting

Just have 40 pallies with thier shields up, consecrate and holy wrath. Game over scourge. NEXT!

Chances are the scourge will be kind of like monsters in MC and ony; a mess of little weak mobs, and a few really, really tough ones.

That way only 2 pally aoe's would take down the small ones (making 40 pallys unnecessary), but against the big tough ones there won't be enough to use holy wrath over exorcism...which a shaman can easily outdamage anytime.

But seriously, if they are ALL labeled "humanoid" (its ok if some are and some arent) I will feel sad.

Last edited:
Maybe like the AQ event, that was fun. No make it on IF and Ogrimar at the same time :) w00tage, that I would love to be part of again :)

I saw this talked about a while back on one of the wow forums.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Naxxramas

NYTimes: "What can you tell me about Naxxramas?"

Tigole: "Naxxramas is going to be the most difficult thing in the game until the expansion pack comes out. It will be the pinnacle, and it's absolutely massive. You'll see this big necropolis floating above Eastern Plaguelands. It's a 40-man raid zone, and it's bigger than the Undercity [one of the main cities in the game]. Things could change, but we're up to something like 18 bosses in there, and they are really cool, too. But it's going to be hard. Really hard. We're hoping to release it in the spring."

NYTimes: "Will we need to open Naxxramas with a big farming event like Ahn'Qiraj?"

Tigole: "No. Naxxramas will just be open. But we do want to do a world event, which we want to call the Scourge Invasion, or hopefully something cooler than that, that would basically be something for everyone who's not going into Naxxramas. So they would see the impact without having to actually go in. [In other words, get ready for undead to pop up in some unlikely places.]"

Back