The moon rises.

2xHero

I will be rewarded with the next champion, Diana, for my display of leadership against the Iron Solari and Armored Bear Alliance.

Champion Sneak Peek - Diana, the Scorn of the Moon
moon.jpg

Last edited:
I have the feeling that this is awesome but I confess I have no idea why!

Also, when did Zileas start working for Riot and how did I miss that?!

It is awesome because he knew his LoL lore. He got singled out by a dev for knowing what was up. He also gets a brand new 6300ip champ for free on release.

I actually recognized Zileas' name from his time at Ethermoon, the group that developed a RTS called Strifeshadow several years ago. I and other ToJ members were in the Strifeshadow beta; unfortunately, the game never took off after release (though I don't know why; I thought it was a solid game).

Strifeshadow. Man. That takes me back.

I have the feeling that this is awesome but I confess I have no idea why!

Also, when did Zileas start working for Riot and how did I miss that?!

Zileas has been working at Riot before League of Legends launched in Fall 2009. He also was pretty famous in SC:BW for introducing micromanagement and popularizing the reaver drop.

I have been looking at some of the videos of Diana on the PBE. I am pretty excited to get a new AP jungler. There are few good AP junglers, but the ones I have are a lot of fun.

EDIT: To clarify the whole armored bear / heresy thing. Volibear, the armored bear, had been a forum joke since beta. Zileas has always been an adamant opposer of the armored bear, but Volibear eventually was released years later. A few months before Volibear was released, the "Riot War" exploded on the official forums with factions based on various Riot staff and their stance on the armored bear. (Short guide to the Riot War) The Iron Solari, led by Ironstylus and inspired by Leona / the Solari, was one of the biggest supporters of the armored bear.

Diana, the heretic, opposes the Solari in the official lore, leading to the "embrace the heresy" (Lunari) and "keep the faith" (Solari) mini-war on the forums. I tied this in to a jab at the armored bear. I think this just made Zileas laugh, so he is giving me Diana on release. He has given away champions in the past for occasions like this.

Last edited:
Back