The guild that reads together...

Melinarlia

So there's another thread that was started (Study thread...) and there are some pretty good ideas going on in that thread. I would like to start this thread for those ideas. If there's something you feel would be a fun way to read/study the Bible/a Christian book and do it with all of the other guildies, feel free to post those ideas right here.

So far we have....

1) Read a book together such as Case for Christ, Case for Faith

2) Do the One Year Bible reading plan

I feel that whatever we do, it'll be fun AND it will keep us all accountable. =)

I would think it could almost be done together; we could commit to reading the bible assignment for the one year study and do a book over a 3 month period (twelve weeks) Check up on those that are taking the bible in a year challenge on a weekly basis and cheer eachother on and talk about a book on the same thread. I whole heartedly recommend Case for Faith to start with.

It could entirely be possible. AND....you won't even have to purchase the book.

And if you happen to not have a Bible....there are sites like www.biblegateway.com where you can look up verses/readings from the Bible.

Last edited by a moderator:
It could entirely be possible. AND....you won't even have to purchase the book. I just did a quick Google search and found [URLthis[/URL]. Yay for the Internet! =P

Um...that link leads to a rebuttal of the author's conclusions in "A Case for Faith", not the text of the book itself.

Could make for an interesting discussion, but probably not the one you had in mind. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang.....I'm in class so I just Google'd and clicked on whatever cuz I was supposed to be paying attention. Oh well. =P

Hehe Thanks Icthus. My bad on the bad link. ^^;; I can't seem to find anything yet but there's gotta be something out there. If not, the book really isn't that expensive to get either. Or I'm a quick typer....I wouldn't mind typing up the whole book and uploading it somewhere.... ^^;; Yay for volunteering myself to do stuffs.

Hehe Thanks Icthus. My bad on the bad link. ^^;; I can't seem to find anything yet but there's gotta be something out there. If not, the book really isn't that expensive to get either. Or I'm a quick typer....I wouldn't mind typing up the whole book and uploading it somewhere.... ^^;; Yay for volunteering myself to do stuffs.

Yeah for breaking copywrite laws for a Christian guild!! :D

I am very much in favor of a daily reading of the Bible-in-a-year plan.

I'd even be willing to help out with it, if it doesn't take much time.

Since the Bible-in-a-year thing is well....a year long, how about we start on January 1, 2007? It just makes sense to me. =P

Back