The great CGA Gathering

ajmucha

Alright, this is an idea I decided to wing out to all you folks. I know that most of us are scattered across the US, and even other countries. So I'm shooting for a novel Idea. I'm proposing, that sometime next year, for all who are interested, that we meet up somewhere. I originally was going to extend this to 3 states, but why not the whole of us?
The Idea is: we'd need something that wont interfere with school (or steal the thunder of) other events such as conventions. So, how about Cedar Point, which, as most of you know, is the flagship park of Cedar Fair? I haven't begun to make dates or check prices on all this yet, but more of checking interest to see who could/would come. I'm thinking late july/early august.

Cheers
-AJ

I like the idea, and Cedar Point is not to far from me, and usually when people gather like this it is many many hours away...so I think this would be awesome!!!

What venue did you have in mind? Do you have an address and web site for the venue?

What range of dates did you have in mind?

I think another CGA convention is a great idea. We've only had one and that was back in 2004 in Tulsa, Oklahoma. It was a small event (~10 people turned out for it), but it was a blast.

What venue did you have in mind? Do you have an address and web site for the venue?

What range of dates did you have in mind?

I think another CGA convention is a great idea. We've only had one and that was back in 2004 in Tulsa, Oklahoma. It was a small event (~10 people turned out for it), but it was a blast.

The venue? Cedar Point has some hotels on the coastline right up there, from what I understand from Derk, at a fairly reasonable rate too.

Hotel stuff: http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/park/resorts/hotels/
I'm not sure what hotel we'd all stay at, This is a fairly new idea and have about 8 months till it'd happen. As I said, the dates I had in mind was late July or early August.

I thought you lived in Florida...that's only about a 16 hour drive...that's not bad...the last gathering of sorts I wanted to go to would've been over 28 hours to drive (to Cali)...

The most I have ever driven was about 6 hours. So that would probably take 2-3 days :\

35 hours for me...

But atown can probably carpool with me, so that probably evens it out.

Now I just need to collect $4 billion for fuel costs. :D

It will only take me 10 days to get there if I walk...

12 hours if I drive the speed limit, which means around 10 the way I drive lol.

35 hours for me...

But atown can probably carpool with me, so that probably evens it out.

Now I just need to collect $4 billion for fuel costs. :D

I take it you live in Canada? The longest point, in the US, from Cedar point is 34 hours...lol Which would probably be cheaper to fly...probably $300 round trip...or $600 in gas...lol

Wherever it would be, I would fly. Have you people traveled the AlCan highway? :p The Yukon highway is practically void of human life in winter.

Today, almost all of the two-lane highway is surfaced with asphalt. But it’s no freeway. There still are stretches where the highway is narrow and curvy, where it lacks center lines and ample shoulders. Also, watch out for sudden loose-gravel breaks where the pavement has failed or is under repair. Sometimes the gravel gaps are marked with little, red flags; sometimes they aren’t. And that asphalt paving can ripple like a roller coaster track in places where “frost heaves” are caused by seasonal freezing and thawing of the ground.

I would love me some Tim Horton's Chili bowl and Timbits if it was held in Canada though. Mmmm, Timmies. :D

Back