The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

theapoc

The Chronicles of Narnia are seven children fantasy books written by C.S. Lewis. I haven't read them myself, but I plan to soon.

Walden Media and Walt Disney Pictures will release The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe on December 9, 2005.

Here is a tid-bit from the FAQ section:

Will Hollywood have its way and strip out Lewis’ spiritual messages?
Not so, promises Douglas Gresham, co-producer and stepson of Lewis himself. A committed Christian, Gresham has vowed not to “change the words of the master.”

Be sure to check it out. Here is Narnia news site and Here you can Disneys info about the movie. You can get all seven books unified into one volume here (amazon) for $19.

I'm not sure I see the spiritual message in the book. I was reading lion witch... last week and didn't notice the little messages in the book till now.
Don't take candy from strangers (turkish delight)
Don't close the wardrobe door when u're in it.
And then later when read how he wrote the story for his god daughter it made sence.
Of cource I know lewis has wrote a few books about christianity, being a athiest who converted, so I might ofmissed it since I wasn't looking for it.

i read all of them years ago, those books freaking pwn, can hardly wait to see the movie, the old movies were kool too

I read a lot of books way back in my teenage days and The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe was one of them. I don't really remember the story but the stuff I see in the movie trailer looks very familiar. I can't wait to see the movie. It looks like it'll be awesome. I'd love to pick up the books also but I just don't have time to read anymore. I still need to finish reading Stephen King's Dark Tower series.

Gandhi said:
I'm not sure I see the spiritual message in the book. I was reading lion witch... last week and didn't notice the little messages in the book till now.
Don't take candy from strangers (turkish delight)
Don't close the wardrobe door when u're in it.
And then later when read how he wrote the story for his god daughter it made sence.
Of cource I know lewis has wrote a few books about christianity, being a athiest who converted, so I might ofmissed it since I wasn't looking for it.
Aslan, the lion, is representative of God... the Lion of Judah.

My mom read the Chronicles of Narnia to my siblings and I before bed MANY years ago (except the first book, Magician's Nephew - which I didn't even know existed until just a few years ago!). She read thru each book, about a chapter a night I think. I didn't read them again until my son received the set from my inlaws a few years ago (which is how I found out there was another book in the series that my mom left out for some reason...).

I did watch the BBC series of the Chronicles that they showed on the PBS station here quite a while back. Even taped some of it off the TV to watch again later. I will never forget Tom Baker (of Dr Who fame) playing Puddleglum!

I really look forward to our family going to see this on the big screen!!

I am reading the series right now. On The Silver Chair at the moment. You will find lots of references to Christianity. The one that sticks out to me is how the kids are frequently called sons of Adam and daughters of Eve.

I is nott reeding ne uf thees buks nemor! Thay hafv badd speling and gramer, d00d!

Lol. But anyway, I never really liked the TLWAW thing (old movies) or really the books... All right, stop throwing rotten fruit at me, Ghandi!!! *slaps Ghandi*

I hate to do that to someone with such a cool avatar.... :(

I was thinking of buying the old bbc tv series on dvd. I think I saw it on Amazon or B&N for $16.99. My sister was saying she wants it, so probobly going to get it as a stocking stuffer or something

I don't plan on seeing the movie or reading any of those books. There are things that are more important and soon you all we see why. Parables are one thing, and fantasies are totally different. Read what the word of God says in Proverbs 12:11 and Proverbs 28:19 also check this out Psalm 73:20.

All work and no play are you saying? I think God allows us to be entertained now and then. There is a time to work, a time to learn, a time to rest, a time to eat, and a time to just enjoy each others company, among many other things God allows for. HOW MUCH time you spend doing these various things can be where problems show up, but not the actual activity. Reading books and going to movies are not listed in the Bible as sinful, so I don't understand your point I guess.

Jeshurun said:
I don't plan on seeing the movie or reading any of those books. There are things that are more important and soon you all we see why. Parables are one thing, and fantasies are totally different. Read what the word of God says in Proverbs 12:11 and Proverbs 28:19 also check this out Psalm 73:20.
I don't understand your point either. Could you expand on what you are trying to get across, please?

I will likely see it Friday afternoon as long as it is not sold out. I enjoyed the books and want to see how they come accross in another media.

Back