TF2 Update Gwah?

The Mighty Gerbil

Tribe of Judah TF 2 Chapter Leader & CGA Admin
Staff member
The latest TF2 update has me going whahuh??? Please observe the parts in bold...

Reworked the character loadout screens to support future features

Added the ability for players to permanently delete items from their inventory using the new Backpack menu. This does not reset achievements. Once an item has been deleted it can never be re-earned

Added the ability for players to reset their player stats using the Reset Stats button on the Stats menu. This does not reset achievements

Added a "player_teleported" game event that is sent when a player is teleported

Updated cp_junction_final to score per-capture instead of per-round. This fixes the map not working correctly with Tournament mode and the stopwatch

Scouts now drop the flag if they're carrying it when they start phasing

Delete PERMINATELY?!?!? I don't know what Valve is planing but that can't be good. The fact that this button exists scares Gerbil O.O .

As to the stats reset button I've been wanting one but I don't want to lose my time played. So has anyone ventured to press it to see what it does exactly?

There is also the fact that until I updated the Toj server to match this update trying to connect to a non updated server would lock up my entire computer. Um couldn't it just give me an error message?

I like new stuff but why does it feel like after every couple updates you get one that's like one step forward two steps back XD.

I was curious about this as well, I just came across an article about it. I posted it in a different thread.

Maybe there are going to be multiple weapons for classes and you can only have 2 per class??? :confused: So you will have to delete one if they come out with another new weapon....I don't know there really doesn't seem like a point to deleting a weapon permanently to me. I am going to be pushing that reset button for my stats because I think all of my stats but the engineer are messed up.

I also read stat reset removes time played as well. My 100 hours. WAAAI.

when I looked at my time played, I almost felt ashamed. Like that's 60+ hours spent sniping that I probably could have used more wisely...

From what I've heard and saw from the data provided, the drops are going to be a way for multiple statted weapons to allow players to be best at what they do best, this only will affect secondaries though so PUGs and other things shouldn't be affected. I also heard that the level of a weapon can go up to 100 but the bonus will have a counter nerf.

Back