TF2 has changed...

I defraged my game files yesterday and then did a partial defrag on my entire drive. No crashes at all. Game started right up the three times I tried and no problems joining a server. Perhaps the problem was my own laziness/forgetfulness in not defraging in quite some time.

I wish that was my issue. I manually defraged last on Nov 29th (only 2% fragmented) and I don't think it did anything for me :/ . It's auto scheduled to run every Wednesday anyway.

Last edited:
No errors or hangs last night either.

You know you can defrag just the files for the game? If you right-click on the game in steam and select properties one of the tabs in the pop-up has a defrag option for the game files.

No errors or hangs last night either.

You know you can defrag just the files for the game? If you right-click on the game in steam and select properties one of the tabs in the pop-up has a defrag option for the game files.

I know and have multiple times XD but thanks for asking.

@The Mighty Gerbil; Thanks for the crash course on crits. I did not know that about random crits. I figured everyone had more or less equal crit chance.

And I had some random TF2 crashes myself. I was annoyed about it, because a few times I had to restart my whole computer (everything froze up). And also because I found non-premium servers playing Turbine.

But today, I had no problem with it. Except for lag. But I have gotten used to it in the last months.

Back