Testing new mods

Neirai the Forgiven

Christian Guilds List Manager
I'm testing some new mods. I'll tell you how they go.

Gnomish Yellow Pages (beta) automatically tracks the names of players in channels that link their professions, giving you an idea of who has what skills. It also tells you where they are and if they are online or not.

Hear Kitty gives a set of distinct audible notes when you use combo points. The last and loudest note indicates 5 combo points.

Last edited:
Here's a few more mods that I've been using lately with some success:

Hero is used for coordinating tanks and healers. It is especially useful for healers. What it does is tell you whenever a tank or a healer uses one of those special abilities, such as Last Stand or Guardian Spirit. That way, you cut down on the number of "panic" situations where all the healers and the tank blow all their specials.

SpecSwap: If you're like me, you have dual spec, and you have a completely different set of gear for each spec. Instead of having to go into the character pane and select a specific set of gear and hit the equip button, SpecSwap immediately grabs a pre-determined (by you, not the mod) set of gear whenever you enter a new spec. I like it, it makes one-click spec changing a reality.

I'll have to play with SpecSwap and Gnomish Yellow Pages... Are you still using GYP?

and is there anything in specswap that allows you to 1-click switch specs? Currently, I'm still going into the panel and clicking it manually. I didn't see a hotkey option to swap, but figure there has to be a /command for it that a mod could also incorporate.

i have my talent switch connected with outfitter and if I change specs i have my gear switc when i go to the spec

Randy, I use FuBar-SpecFu. If I click on the spec display, it swaps for me.

GYP can/has been buggy in the past, but right now I'm finding it works fine. I don't use it a TON, because I usually get my enchants from Jacki and my gems from Rob, Nathan, and Robin. But occasionally I can't find any of those guys so I go to GYP and look it up.

GYP would also require you to actually join Trade... (EDIT: I suppose you could just use it to record people in the guild....)

Back