Temples in Orr

Enok

I was wondering what the experience of those of you who have been 80 for a while has been with the temples in Orr.

I hit 80, and realized I've got enough Karma to buy three of the exotic pieces I need from the temple vendors. I also read that on some servers the temples are never available because people aren't doing the events to keep them open.

How about on SoR? Is it realistic to expect to get access to these vendors if I jump in and help take them? How many people does it take to reliable succeed in the event chain? Are there so few people that I should scrap that plan and shoot for getting equivalent gear off the TP with gold?

If it matters, I'm looking at rabid gear. As far as I can tell the options for it are Whispers (rare), Temple gear (most pieces exotic) or Khilbron's (exotic) which is a dropped item, so I'd be buying it off the TP.

Last edited:
Putting this out there for others because I had no idea :): Rabid = cond dmg with precision/toughness

I'm not sure which temples you need since I don't know offhand what class you play. Some of them get completed, but some are so ridiculously difficult like Verdance (aka Melandru) or frequently bugged Glorious Victory (aka Balthazar). Silence (aka Grenth) often gets completed, but can take many attempts because it is easy for the NPC to perma-die. I see Zephyr (aka ???) often complete because it spawns the sparks that I farm sometimes. Cathedral of Eternal Radiance must be completed sometimes by the people who are 100% exploring.

Okay, thanks. That should help with my planning.

I'm working on a Mesmer condition build, which uses the precision to stack bleeds via illusion crits. Unfortunately, none of the temples offer chest or feet pieces in rabid. All five temples offer legs, Melandru and Grenth have hands, Balthazar and Grenth shoulders, and Dwayna, Balthazzar and Lyssa have helmets. According to the Wiki, at least.

Looks like Zephyr is Dwayna, so that means I could at least target legs and head piece. Unfortunately, it looks like Cathedral of Eternal Radiance (Lyssa) would be redundant with that, though.

Khilbron's armor is all condition/precision/toughness, but it's running two or three gold a piece on the TP at the moment, and I found I already have enough Karma to pick up three pieces if I can reasonably get to temple vendors, so that would get me halfway to a full set. I depleted my funds quite a bit just getting updated to level 80 greens and grabbing a few rare jewelry pieces.

Thanks again. It's a little bewildering figuring out the best way to go about gearing up at 80.

Last edited:
Got to the area around Balthazar's temple and was happy to find it under pact control.

Then realized I didn't have a clue as to where the NPC was located. Took some exploring and wiki consultation and eventually I located the Cathedral of Glorious Victory. Bought two pieces before realizing I was 700 karma away from a third exotic! With no idea how long I had before the assault came to reclaim the temple I waypointed out, frantically completed my daily, and returned just in time to buy the third. B-D

Now to earn enough gold for the other half of the gear....

Back