Tek's writing challenge: SigInt

Dang... my hatred of vampire bats causes me to wish the Redguard had killed you. :) But oh well - good writing.

Well you know, the vampire is not usually a sympathetic character in movies or books *or* video games.

(I'd say "You're welcome", but - that would mean instant death.)

Three more smugglers in the cave. Not that any were more difficult than the first. No matter. A few grand soul gems, some enchanted amulets, a little gold. Things that I could use but did not require.

I slept until evening, then returned to the outside. The ruins were not far now, and I could still feel the hunger. Perhaps the dreams kept it in my thoughts.

The ruins resembled every Dwemer structure that I had seen before. The round doorway and the structures jutting from the earth were not enough for me to determine if I had passed this way before.

Inside, no Dwemer constructs, merely a Nord bearing a slave bracer on each hand. Cattle. Cowards. Unable or unwilling to hunt their own sustenance, to bring death only on those who have done something that might lead to them deserving it.

The cattle are dead. The first halted my hunger, willingly. Perhaps that is what disturbs me the most. One who did not even know me doing so. And the rest, slain with one quick blow from a dagger after hours spent attempting to free them.

I am a monster.

They're locked up by slave bracers, and I can't unlock them and I can't break the locks...and the bracers prevent them from going far.:(

I wonder if Laz can figure out what this refers to....
Diaran stuck his head out of the cave, then shook his head until silver-blue hair fell around his face. "Foolish southerners." He blinked once at the sunlight reflected on the snow, then slung a bone bow onto his back and jogged across the frozen ground to the pillars of ice formed by melting snow from the council hall's roof.

Once inside, he bowed before the elders. "Where is my sister?"

One elder, unnamed as all such were, responded, head bowed. "She is dead. They took her."

"I hope that is all they did, for their sakes." Diaran slumped to the floor. "Did you not see this, or was I merely not worthy to be told?"

"You are not so foolish as to expect an answer to that."

Of what use am I? All things that I have built, and rebuilt, have fallen. Barriers, walls, swords. All destroyed, burnt, broken. We merely sink deeper with every generation, forgetting what we were.

The blood is always paid, no matter how great entropy becomes in this world of sorrows.

And all have died, even I. My death merely kept me here, dutiful, chained by my own choice. I can only hope that such a choice brought some aid to another. But all died in the end, all left. Yet I still remain, why?

The cycles repeat, and I can only watch the return, as they turn darker, chaotic.

Yes, I do. ;)

I'm not sure what her problem is, though... if everyone died, and everything is getting dark and chaotic, I'd give up any semblance of sanity and help the chaos along. Better than sitting around being depressed.
(But obviously her death didn't increase her intelligence in any way)

Yes, I should, and I'm sorry. Terrible situations like the one she seems to be in... is she too apathetic too do anything? Or is it impossible to "help" the situation in any way?

Basically, I prefer happier endings is all. No problem with your story. ;)

Ok...if this doesn't make sense, apologies. I'm tired.

The ashes across the sky had already slain the plants. Our fruits were gone within a few days, and now, now all we retain for sustenance is what those beasts outside feed upon. And that, I, at least, will not touch.

And the king is dead, was dead. Cursed shadow sworn! What strange sacrifices were made to allow their entrance, no sane man would seek to know. But do any sane men remain in this time, when death is more prized than life?

Zzarikl will fall tonight without aid.

"Traves," Amelia waved one hand in front of his face. "Traves, are you feeling sick? You haven't touched your salad."

Traves blinked, then shook his head, shaking a few short wisps of auburn away from his eyes. "Just thinking about the ship."

"Again. Why now?"

"Because it's gone. If I had said that I could have gone, would you have told me that I should?"

A plate full of breadsticks was shoved next to Traves' plate. "I would have told you to do what you thought best. And then I would have hinted repeatedly that I preferred you staying." Amelia smiled, then waved a hand towards the other room. "But, what reason would you have had to leave?"
________
This is somewhat off of an early creative writing project that I did. The implications...well, don't worry about them.

Fear ye not, CK has come to the rescue!

Man, SigInt, if I could write as smoothly and as well as you, I'd be a mastah! But I can't... :(

Bravo! *applauds*

Back