Tek Moves To The Big(ger) City

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
Greetings, all. I write today with a very important announcement. While the news is of a personal nature and does not involve the future of the Christian Gamers Alliance, it will certainly have an impact over the next few months.

I am moving to St. Louis, Missouri at the end of this week.

After having lived in Oklahoma for fifteen years, I am moving on, getting married, and continuing my education. I am not abandoning my post or resigning my leadership of either the Christian Gamers Alliance or Tribe of Judah, but my activity will be further diminished in favor of important Real Life™ matters. Once I am firmly established in my new home, I will be able to tell the community how much time I will have to spend on my duties and how much I will need to delegate.

Now, for the specifics. I will be moving in with a UMSL student for my first semester of college. I will marry Ember on January 1 then move in with her after the honeymoon.

What does this all mean for the Christian Gamers Alliance? It means that I'll be leaning even more heavily on the community and my staff to accomplish my vision for the Alliance and, more importantly, God's will for this ministry. I am still seeking community members whom I can train to recruit new member-groups and affiliates, as well as other staff members.

Please say a prayer for me, that the Lord would guide me to the church where I belong, and send me godly Christian friends quickly.

I have seen the increase in activity of late and have no fear for the future of the Christian Gamers Alliance. Now more than ever, we are banding together to do the Lord's will and serve others. I long to spend more time with you all; pray that I may, should it be the Lord's will.

Last edited:
w00t.  Going back to school, getting married and still staying committed to CGA/ToJ, all great news Tek. I pray that you are feeling better before your trip and that you have safe travels. Get involved in your schools Campus Crusades if they have it. It would be a good starting place to find friends and get info on Churches in the area.

And Tek, don't worry, we will burn down the fort while you are away... Err, I mean hold down the fort while you are away.  No worries, really.  Everything will be AOK. You can trust us.

<span id='ME'><center>Plankeye whispers "Psst rizz, hide the matches until after he leaves..."</center></span>

Congratz Tek
smile.gif

I have several relatives up in the St. Louis area and was up there just last year for a wedding.
blues.gif

Hey Tek good luck in your move and upcomming classes hope everything turns out well. If you need anything just send me a message.

Awesome! My wife and I would be happy to show you and your future wife around St. Louis sometime. if nothing else, it would be cool to meet another Christian gamer.

Praying for you as you begin this new "chapter" in your life.

"The LORD bless you and keep you;
the LORD make his face shine upon you
and be gracious to you;
the LORD turn his face toward you
and give you peace."

Numbers 6:24-26

jigga what tolkien lives in St lious too, woot, another CGA member i can meet while up at school? who else is around?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tolkien @ Aug. 11 2004,7:11)]My wife and I would be happy to show you and your future wife around St. Louis sometime.
Oo, so cool, another Christian gamer in St. Louis.
smile.gif

Tolkien: e-mail me at tek7 AT cgalliance DOT org and I'll give you more details concerning when and where I'll be moving.

I'm here! *cheers* I'm writing this post from the secondary computer I'm currently loaning to Ember...though we'll be married in January and then it will officially be "our" computer.

biggrin.gif

Anyway, I'm alive, my classes start Monday, I have a new cell phone and new bank account, and life is good. The only bit of bad news is that I won't have cable Internet on my computer until this coming Thursday. Right now, I can only use Ember's dial-up service to get online. Ugh. X_X

I have set my e-mail accounts up temporarily on this computer and set Outlook to leave copies of downloaded e-mails on the mail server (so I'll have a copy on my primary machine when I get cable Internet again). I'll be at Ember's often, so consider my e-mail accounts active once more!

I won't be quite as active until I get settled in with classes and a job (the Job Search™ once again rears its hideous head), but so far, all indicators point to a very good chance of maintaining my previous level of involvement. Granted, that level wasn't quite full time work, but it sufficed.

I'll be sending out an e-mail as soon as possible to "upper management" with my new cell phone number and address. And now, on to the Job Search™!

Last edited:
I emailed you some stuff that might help you locate a job in St. Louis, but what type of job are you looking for? (full-time or part-time and tech support or helpdesk I'm assuming?)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tolkien @ Aug. 21 2004,8:43)][...] what type of job are you looking for?  (full-time or part-time and tech support or helpdesk I'm assuming?)
I think it would have to be part-time to maintain my sanity. Heh. But the pay would have to be pretty impressive to go part-time since my bills are going to be a bit steep.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tolkien @ Aug. 11 2004,7:11)]Awesome!  My wife and I would be happy to show you and your future wife around St. Louis sometime.  if nothing else, it would be cool to meet another Christian gamer.
I haven't forgotten about your post, Tolkien. I've just been swamped since I first arrive in St. Louis. Heh.

Go ahead and e-mail me [tek7 AT cgalliance DOT org] if/when you'd be available to drive out to St. Louis or even a point midway between your hometown and STL. Then we can set up a date/time to hang out.

Back