team speak? and can't connect to my wireless network.

legitnoob

ok guys just wondering if Yall use team speak or whatever it is so o can download it once I get my wireless connection to working on my laptop I'm gonna start playing on the server. but next question ok I got a new router and I had my mom set it up for me while I was away for work since I work out of state and Ik this sounds dumb but the security settings changed from WPA 1 to WPA 2 and I forgot how to change it on my laptop bc it keeps saying that the my laptop cant connect to the network even if I have the password my buddy had the same problem and I fixed his I just forgot how to do it. but thanks

Really it depends on which version of windows, or other operating system you've got in regards to wireless settings. I would suggest google for that one.

As for teamspeak, we have used it before, and I'd be willing to jump on if others are in the channel, as I know a few others are.

my os is vista and cool I hate typeing lol I would rather just talk to the peeps and are Yall doing a specific theme on the server or just whatever we want to build

Different ages of routers have different security protocols. You could try updating the firmware if it's not the latest. That might give you more options.
Different versions of Windows have different security protocols, and they even call those protocols by different names. A network Vista sees and connects to correctly might not be understandable by XP. Vista is fairly recent... I would think that it would have the most common ones.

Tedious but thorough option: Try each protocol (WPA, WPA-PSK, WPA 1, etc.) on your laptop as you try to connect to the router, if you're sure of the password. If none of those work, then you need to either apply a Windows update that add that protocol (Google, Microsoft.com) or change the protocol the router uses to one Vista can use (and any other devices that use it -- tablets, Kindle, phones, etc.). You mentioned it used to be WPA 1 and now it's WPA 2... can you just change it back to WPA 1?

Last edited:
update.
lol ok so got it working right to where I can connect to the internet but lol I guess the servers are on a newer update then me it says 1.4.6 and I don't remember what mine is so I will have to update unless optifine mod doesn't have a 1.4.6 compatible update then I can't join the servers :( bc of my intelligence back on the day downloading a bunch of games from my pc from pirate bay which almost destroyed my computer so now it don't want to run mc very well

Back