Team Omega Naxxramus Roll Call

Monday March 23rd

Looking a bit light for sign-ups tonight. :confused:

If you see this and you've run with Team Omega please let me know if you are planning to attend. :)

I'll try to make a point of logging in to see if you need an xtra healer tonite. I should be able to make myself available and I'm fairly certain that I'm not saved.

I'll try to make a point of logging in to see if you need an xtra healer tonite. I should be able to make myself available and I'm fairly certain that I'm not saved.
That would be grand Anita.
Lvl 80 spells please though. :p

Bob, if she's not available and you still need a healer, I'll have Triskal available. He's not well-geared, but would be better than nobody. Besides, I'm sure he would gear up quickly in there.

Eric

I think our Naxx run (Group Alpha) can do all of Thane Korth'azz in about 5 marks.

We should try that next time.

Worked for us. (Though we have the instance on farm and some of us have Naxx heroic loot) Just popped heroism and all trinkets/specials. He dropped with about 5 marks.
It's less risky then doing the "Meet in the middle" swap. (though after a few trys of that, you will probably have it down)

Very Nice Run

Great run last night and thanks to all who came out!

We one-shotted Patch, 2 Shotted Grobbulus, then one-shotted Gluth and Thaddius. (Thaddius is a complex fight as is Grobbulus so everyone did a really great job there.) Then off to the Military wing where we struggled a bit on the Instructor, killed Gothik the Harvester and ran out of time.

We had a few wipes that I'll attribute to me. I was trying to push faster through the trash which caused too many adds, a shade, etc. I'm really hoping that we can start consistently clearing two quarters on any given Monday. I'd like to focus on the Construct and Military quarters for a while as they are rich in Epix Lewt. :D Also, I feel that the fights to master are the Instructor, Thaddius, Grobbulus, and the Four Horseman. Once we have those down consistently, the rest of Naxx is cake. The Heigen dance is interesting, but not a DPS race or gear check.

When we can start consistently clearing two quarters in under 3 hours and start a third I'd like to look at making this run twice a week. That way we can finish the instance and get to the final two bosses. Ulduar is looming on the horizon and it would be nice to have Naxx completed and start exploring Ulduar...

A couple of requests:
  • Food, Flasks/Elixirs - please have them with you for the raid. I can cook just about anything, so go ahead and mail me any meat you'd like cooked.
  • Please sign up for the raid on Group Calendar (which still works, for now). It's important to know who is planning on attending. If I see you in game, I'll ask as well.
  • I will keep trying to "speed" up the raid so we can get through the Wings/Quarters faster. (Which caused a wipe or two...).
Oh, and I am having a lot of fun running with you all. It's a blessing to be able to game with fellow believers. I look forward to the time every week. :)

You guys are doing very well. Heigen/Kel (last boss) prob be your harder fights. (Hegien just because of the group coordination needed, but the good news is, all you really need to kill him is one tank, one healer and 1-2 dps) So if at least that many survive the running through lava bursts..you can kill him, though it will be a looong fight..with half the raid dead. I remember during an early attempt being alive with just me, eric and mike.. We prob continued killing him for about 5-10 minutes..until we decided to just die..as it was going to take an hour to down him.. :)

Run for Monday 3/30 and Gluth Strategy

First, if you plan on running with Team Omega Monday the 30th - please sign up! :)

I'd like to run the Construct Quarter again as we did well there and get to see four bosses. Plus Gluth has a chance to drop any loot in the game (exclusive of Sapph and Kel'Thuzad). I'm open to running Military (again) to push through the Four Horsemen or exploring the Plague Quarter. We really need a couple of self healing classes to effectively take on the Four Horsemen though. Conversely in the Plague Quarter, the Heigan Dance is somewhat of a challenge, but from a DPS standpoint a piece of cake. Noth is considered one of the easier bosses in Naxx as well.

Here's an interesting strat for Gluth we may want to try next week if Mark brings Dantzor (Unholy DK):
I have been able to kite gluth two times, with no fails as an Unholy DK.

First time I had a shammy with me, who kept earthbind totem up 100% of the time. I just dropped D'nD where the the zombie chow's spawned. I had never done this before, we did not have any hunter or pally or any form of kiter in our group. So I had to step up and do it. No problem at all.

Second time, we didn't have a shammy or a hunter or any form of helpful CC. But what we did have was 3 healers. So one of the healers paid alot of attention to me and healed me when I needed it. I used the same strategy as before; dropping D'nD where the zombie's spawn and run around alot in circles. But this time I had to run in HUGE circles to avoid the zombie's. I needed some healing, but not much. Very doable, but requires alot of timing for when to drop the D'nD.

I typically do zombie chow as a blood-specced DK. I need a healer to pay attention to me, but it's not hard.

My blood spec has very little implication on my survival, as the only abilities I find that I use are DnD and Icy Touch.

An unholy DK would theoretically move faster, which would help his or her survival.
A frost DK who is appropriately specced could also use Chains of Ice instead.

Naxx Run 3/30

Kind of a meh run last night.

We had a couple of folks who didn't make it which can affect our progression. Two shot on Patch, One-Shot on Grobbulus (nice work), but we could not get Gluth down. :( Wisely, we moved to the Spider wing where we promptly dispatched the first two bosses. Our DPS last night was pretty solid and if we didn't have a noob healer along, we probably could have gotten much further...
(Just kidding Eric!! :p ) We had a late start too which can be frustrating as well.

Next week is 25 man combining Group Alpha and Team Omega!! I'm looking forward to this run, and I will be discussing with Mike what Wings/Quarters we'll be looking to conquer.

Thank you Jason for re-speccing to resto (again) as Nathan was inadvertently saved to Ata's 10 man run. :mad:

I usually MT gluth, but do to our last group config I kited the adds, np. Did not need much heals as they did not touch me much with EB/Ice down. (pally tank)

Sorry about last night. I really don't like the whole auto-saving feature of Blizz's. Kinda stinks when someone runs in before the RL and you get saved to that run. I at least know now to wait and be one of the last to go in to make sure it is the correct run.

Sorry about last night. I really don't like the whole auto-saving feature of Blizz's. Kinda stinks when someone runs in before the RL and you get saved to that run. I at least know now to wait and be one of the last to go in to make sure it is the correct run.
You should probably show Dan your unhappiness by running with us on Monday instead of RAWR... :p

Just kidding Nathan. Blizz is actually aware that their raid saving system is flawed right now, but I don't know how they plan to fix it. We look forward to having you back soon!

Back