Targets

techwhosaysnee

This may be common knowledge, but it's something that has confused me about playing solo (henchies, included) and I just found the answer.

When calling a target if you hold shift along with control and space/click, you target it, and tell the rest of the party to attack, but you do not have to aggro. Which is handy if you are an assassin who shouldn't aggro or some other type of support character.

ctrl+shift+space(or click) -- Target without aggroing

yes thats how i solo'd everything.... even a desert mission with my ele once

Atown said:
yes thats how i solo'd everything.... even a desert mission with my ele once

Ah.

I couldn't figure out how to make the henchies go without running my assassin into battle and dying almost every time.

Another method I have used with my assassin is to include a skill like Sharpen Daggers and use it as soon as I call the target. The warrior henchmen go running in while I am sharpening my daggers.

or ya know... you could just not be an assassin and actually not die for once :p

Atown said:
or ya know... you could just not be an assassin and actually not die for once :p

I don't die so easy now that my `sin is level 20. And wouldn't have so much before if I knew this handy trick!

Hmmmm.... Assasin = n00b?

Don't think that adds up! Rho/Kel had an assasin, and I know Derk does...so do several advanced players.

And as far as the trick: I didn't know it either, and I've logged a good bit of time (PvE and PvP) with the game...So thianks, Tech!

Oops...I thought this was common knowledge. I've been doing it from the start. It really makes things easier having the henchies go in first AND attacking the same target. Target-calling is essential, especially in high-level farming areas.

Atown said:

"Just say NO to class discrimination." :)

Thanks for the tip! I knew about Ctrl-Spell and Shift-Spell, but not Ctrl-Shift-Spell. Cheers!

techwhosaysnee said:
This may be common knowledge, but it's something that has confused me about playing solo (henchies, included) and I just found the answer.

When calling a target if you hold shift along with control and space/click, you target it, and tell the rest of the party to attack, but you do not have to aggro. Which is handy if you are an assassin who shouldn't aggro or some other type of support character.

ctrl+shift+space(or click) -- Target without aggroing

Also if you have a Cultest henchie in your group and are running low in energy just ctrl clikc your energy bar and he will cast the spell that gives you more energy regen (forgot the name of the spell).

Oh, I knew you could call a target and the henchies would (mostly) obey. I didn't, however, know about the ctrl+shift option.

Back