taking a break

Talon

Well, i'm formally taking a break from CS.  I'll stick around the CGA boards.  My grades are slipping due to playing cs too much.  I'm pulling a B+ in Pre AP Physics, B in computer networking, B in AP Government and Politics, and a C (ouch) in AP Calculus 1.  Those wont go good with my 3.7 cum gpa.  Lowest grade on my transcript is a C+ freshmen year.  I cant let cs get in the way of school.  As the same with chatting, I am cutting down on that also.  I dont spend much time on AP calculus like i should and bomb tests left and right.  Plus I have a science fair project to do, and keeping up with JROTC and now the city wide project my mock trial class is doing for fundraising.  So, i'll see the cs players around.

Talon (Micah)

Plus, thats one less process running in the background.

Experienced the same thing, and along with my parents' decision i cut CS time to almost 0, i bearly play often now a days, when im at friends' house proly. My grades were slipping but i managed to catch back on.

As old ones go new ones come the great cycle of life
sad.gif
this next semester im going to be at school which is of course during the day and its a harsh school. and while you guys sleep ill finelly be able to play cs so :eek:

yeah, school causes me to not play a whole lot. Projects and classes keep me pretty busy, that's for sure! Mucho Respect though for being mature enough to know what you need to cut out to maintain your grades, and having the responsibility to do it!

i feel srry for ya man and i feel ur pain

Thanks guys, a famous quote comes to mind "nothing worth doing is easy"

I cant fail any classes or i'll lose my $36,000 college scholarhip.  I never have, but i cant even have the slightest chance of coming close to failing, and math, there are no D's in my school district math department, its a C or E, i'm border line.  

Plus, i dont want to fall behind on my AP classes, I plan on taking 5 AP tests at the end of the year, so I cant slack off now.

Last year i didnt have a problem with homework, because i didnt have cable internet or CS, spending 4-5 hours a night average on homework, i should be spending that much on it this year but i'm not due to chatting and gaming, so i have to cut somewhere.
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Go get them Talon
smile.gif
ROFL  thats what i'm planning on.  School, college, flight school, maybe NASA. Actually my entire life has kind of guided towards being an astronaut, so who knows

I can't wait to tell my grandkids...

"Hey I know that guy who first step foot on Mars. I know him peronsally. He use to shoot me all the time."

Grandkids, "Yep, Granddad's gone crazy."

I love ya bro, and I know you are making the right choice. GOD IS WITH YOU!!!!!!!

and may HIS force be with you always.

PEACE OUT
PW

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I didnt know 30 year olds were that active

Watch it.....

Talon - I will miss being killed by you. Hopefully I am better the next time we are one. I'll be praying for you.

Gen

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheJfreak @ Dec. 15 2004,8:14)]I didnt know 30 year olds were that active
wink.gif
i didt know little kids didt get eaten as fast as they did in the old days
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I didnt know 30 year olds were that active

you know how it is, they have all types of energy pills these days...

gotta get somethin to hype up the old folks
biggrin.gif

actually, i simply CANNOT have cs bring MY grades down... My parents are kinda very limited towards how much i play...
blues.gif
i think the best idea for everyone is give yourself a limit for fri, sat, and sun... maybe like 1-2 hours per day... that's what my parents do... never got more than 1.5 hours for one day... >_<

as some of you have noticed, i've been on cs quite a bit lately. Well the semester is over and i passed all my classes, 6 As, 1 B, and yes that C in calculus but i'm happy with that. When i have homework to do then i wont be on, i've just adapted to adjusting my playing time to do homework and then play, kinda self disipline. My jrotc duties just went to zero since i moved up in position in the new semester. Also 2 clases have no homework in them so that kills something.

Basically, i'll be around more often probably like i have in the last week or so.

Back