Tabula Rasa

Can we shoot ourselves in the head instead? I don't want no more sci-fi shooters. I think after about a few bazillion they would get old.

I remember seeing a trailer for it awhile ago, it sorta didn't impress me so I moved on.

Can we shoot ourselves in the head instead? I don't want no more sci-fi shooters.
The only other MMOFPS I can think of is Planetside, and Planetside didn't have Richard Garriot's name attached to the project.

I doubt the game will be the leap forward the developers claim it will be, but I am eager to see a developer take MMOs past the "giant 3D chat room with knights and wizards" phase.

Are you going to get in on the BETA testing Tek?
I applied for the beta last night.

I cant believe how long this game has been in development. Seriously I remember it from several years ago. It has gone through several different game styles too. I think the first idea was a RPG type, with some bizarre professions. One of the great things was supposed to be in game voice support that was supposed to be localized, i.e. if your close by you can talk, but get farther away and you cant. Anywho Im not impressed with this game in the least. Tabula Rasa means clean slate, and it is certainly that, seeing as how they cant decide what kind of game to make it.

Planetside was simply an unbalanced lagfest. You have no idea how fun it is to get instantly killed by forces because 1 weapon kills in like 2 shots. Then you get to spend the next 10 minutes getting back to the battle.

I got bored after it became apparent that it was just a battle of who could get the most people to a base at a time. The most fun I've had was using the battle suits to invade an enemy with the jump jets and totally murdering random infantry running around.

MMOFPS are horrible because it becomes a fragfest. Think CS but with like 200 people shooting at each other. Sure it may be fun for the first hour or so but it will get boring as you get repetitively stacked to death.

PlanetSide is fun, but you need to have 6-8 hours ready to play (ya...its pretty bad)

Looks like the exact characteristics of Team Fortress and Commandos; Engineer, Sniper, Heavy Weapons man, Scout, Commando, Sapper, etc.

I laughed when I saw that. I was interested when Tek7 put the link in, but as soon as it said, Minimum System Specifications: 2.5GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or equivalent AMD™ processor, that is such a rip-off.

I only got 2.4Ghz. That is my biggest disappointment about the game. :mad:

Off-Topic: IF it was related or similar to Starcraft/Starship Troopers/Alien Vs Predator in a "MMOFPS", I'd be interested.

Looking forward to your thoughts, Dredd. I'm mildly interested in the game, but there's only so much time in the day, and I expect UT3 and TF2 taking up that time. :)

EDIT re: next post: Oh, nevermind. :p

Last edited:
Back