superhero cakes (image heavy)

soozun

This summer I have been making superhero cakes for family birthday parties. It kinda all started when I told my brother that I had seen a superman cake pan on ebay. He bidded on a few pans and 2 of the ones he got for me were Superman/Batman and Wonder Woman. So far I have made Superman and Wonder Woman. I'll be doing Batman in a couple of months, so maybe I'll update later with pictures of him. :)

834789041_5e73ca0a17_o.jpg

1228759513_b48f9b6be6_o.jpg

1225879434_54057b5f4e_o.jpg

1228759843_28e7a851dd_o.jpg

Ya my mom makes good cakes and does stuff like that. You did a good job! It looks way yummy!

Thanks everyone! They were fun to do. I thought I would add that the pans are no longer being made, which is why we had to buy them on ebay. They are from the 70's. I'm surprised they didn't make a Kung Fu cake pan, an Evel Kneivel cake pan, and whatever else were the trends in the 70's.

Dredd: I was thinking maybe that the Superman pan could be used to make other superheroes. I was thinking of doing Captain America at some point. (In honor of his having died. R.I.P.) It would be fun to figure out how to make his shield and mask with the wings. I also thought of doing some villains.

they need capcom cakes,,,, but thats freaking awesome!

I was thinking maybe that the Superman pan could be used to make other superheroes. I was thinking of doing Captain America at some point. (In honor of his having died. R.I.P.) It would be fun to figure out how to make his shield and mask with the wings. I also thought of doing some villains.

Props if you can... that would be hard to actually manually do those. I can imagine you useing that superman one... Xing out the cape... making him black... and BAM you have green lantern... well... despite a few color changes... but still. haha. those things are encredible.

they need capcom cakes,,,, but thats freaking awesome!

and if we start talking about what there needs to be... this topic will never end. I say there needs to be a sonic cake... OR a sonic fighting mario cake... the two strongest video game characters... back to fight each other... haha. but yes... i do agree... capcom would be pretty cool. I was always a fan of DC comics personally... i liked the way DC did there art style as compared to marvels... yet i can never decide my favorite super hero... anyways...

and if we start talking about what there needs to be... this topic will never end. I say there needs to be a sonic cake... OR a sonic fighting mario cake... the two strongest video game characters...

There is a super mario cake. You can see it here: http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=363049963&size=m
I didn't make that one though. I don't know if I would buy the pan unless I knew someone was having a b-day who really liked the games.

But more importantly...and this is on my "TO BUY A.S.A.P." list...there is a He-man cake pan. I tend to like anything 70's or 80's, so lame 80's cartoon characters are on my list of possibilities.

I won't post those though. (Unless there are people here who demand to see the He-man cake!)

I won't post those though. (Unless there are people here who demand to see the He-man cake!)

*raises hand*

i wanna see that sucker... that would be SO COOL... he-man... what a beast... haha, but havn't they gone and made new he-man cartoons? if so... did they ruin the show like they did with TMNT?

Back