Sunday March 8th, 2009 Caution, takes skill to use!

the_great_eskimo_pie

Former Official Thread Killer
Ephesians 6:17b said:
17. and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

So here it is, the last piece or armor... Or is it? (hint: Its not! One more piece after this one!)

So here we are, the only offensive weapon in the armor of God. The Sword of the Spirit. This weapon is awesome! Not only does it fit perfectly in our hands. All we have to do is be willing to pick it up. However! Only those to whom the Sword is given will be able to use it! One of the reasons you have to have the rest of the armor on before you can pick it up.

Just what can this sword do? Well all you have to do is look at Hebrews 4:12
Hebrews 4:12 said:
12. For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

One of the reason's it is a double-edged sword is this. A sword with two edges requires a lot more skill and practice to wield. You can easily harm yourself with a double-edged sword if you care not careful.

Look at everything it can do!!! It can divide the soul and spirit! (think of when your parents used scripture in discipline or if you are a parent, when you use it!) The forces of the evil one cannot stand it when they see the sword drawn and in its ready place.

Sadly many people lack the will to even draw the sword, for in order to be able to use it effectively, you must practice, which for us means that you have to read the Bible, get deep into the word. To really get the feel deep inside your soul. So when you draw your sword, you are ready, willing, and able to use it.

(More to come when I finish up all my thoughts on my blog in the coming weeks.)

God bless!

Back