Sunday February 22nd, 2009 Truth, Righteousness and holding up your pants!

the_great_eskimo_pie

Former Official Thread Killer
Ephesians 6:14 said:
14. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,

Well then, now that we know we need to stand, its time to put that armor on!

Why do we put the belt on first? you may ask yourself, well this goes back to how Knights and soldiers actually got suited up. And actually there is some logic to it. When you get dressed, do you put on your shoes before your pants? Of course not. It would make putting on your pants that much harder. So first you put on the pants....Err belt. :) The belt serves many purposes here, first it holds up your pants. Secondly it is where your sword will rest when it is not drawn. Makes it pretty important right?

So why can't I put on the breastplate before I put on the belt? Well there are several reasons for this:
The breastplate is stiff, not designed to bend (unlike your t-shirt) and therefore, putting on your belt (or your pants) would become very difficult. Not to mention, before we can go out to battle, we have to have to be going out in truth. It is the belt of truth after all.

The breastplate of righteousness is put on next. :) Gotta have something to protect those vital organs. However you have to realize something, unlike your T-shirt, the breastplate CANNOT be put on by yourself. There is only one worthy to do that. Once it is in place, you are ready for the next step. (This topic can get heavy really fast and I am pressed for time today sadly)

It needs to be noted that breast plates only cover the front half of your body. That's right, no running boys and girls! You have to stand and face the enemy at all times! So get that belt ready, hold up your pants! Allow Christ to put the breastplate on you!

Get ready, you are no where near done yet!

Back