Summer CPL 2005

Parakletos

Hey guys.

The Cyberathlete Professional League has announced plans for thier Summer 2005 tournament. For those of you who don't know what CPL is, it’s the biggest Counter-strike event where teams from all around the world come to compete for a $100,000. This year they have changed the game to Counter-strike Source rather than CS 1.6.

I am writting this because for my graduation gift, I am going down to the tournament this year, and was wondering if 4 more people from the Tribe of Judah would like to meet down there and take part in the CS:S tounament. The event will take place Wednesday, July 6 to Sunday, July 10, 2005 at the Gaylord Texan Resort, in Grapevine, Texas. <a href="www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylordtexan/" target="_blank"> www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylordtexan/</a>

Right now, I am wondering if I can get 4 more people that are over 17 years old to come down during that week, split a room, play in the tounament, and hang out in the BYOC LAN for a week and get to know your fellow Tribe of Judah players, all the while having a great weeks vacation filled with action, fellowship, and fun.

For more info on the tounament itself, the hotel, and pricing click the link for the full CPL news story. http://www.thecpl.com/league/?s=news&p=newsitem_715

So if you can, or have questions about this possible event, post here or e-mail me at tojparakletos@hotmail.com

*edit*
Two things I just thought of.

- Even if you are under 17, or don't want to play in the tounament, but still want to come to the event that is totally awesome as well. Come on down and we will reserve as many BYOC spots for you guys as we can, and then we can play LAN games during the week, and still have fellowship time as well.

- Someone brought up the point of even if we do get a team we won't be near good enough for them. Thats ok if were not good enough, the point is to have the Tribe of Judah play in their first highly recognized LAN torunament. By doing this will will being the name of Tribe of Judah to a whole new level. And if we don't get a team and just a few guys come down and join me for some LAN action, that's totally cool as well. Right now I just want to know if we can even get some guys to play in the tournament.

One other thing, when you guys post/e-mail your interest, make sure to state if you want to be on the team itself, or just want to tag along and LAN up with us. Thanks.

B-man hes asking you to say that in the email nothing wrong with that hes glad you want to be on the team o-O? b-man

dangit if only i was good at cs and could go down there >_<

b-man's over 18??
wow.gif

I just checked, any games with rated M(mature) rating you need to be at least 17, so if i get cash support and a ride, i could go, but i doubt it. busy :x

however, others can go, if they are exactly 17 or above.

Heres the requirements. If your interested, e-mail/PM me right away.

Must be a member of the Tribe of Judah

Must be at least 17 years old by the time the tournament begins

Must play CS:S

Must have some form of league experience (dosent have to be CS:S experience)

Must be willing, and dedicated to make practice times.
Has some way to get to Dallas in July.

***DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS***

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tounge.gif
I am definitely not over 18 I cant even drive yet, but it sure does sound like a great time.:p:D

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The Cyberathlete Professional League has announced plans for thier Summer 2005 tournament. For those of you who don't know what CPL is, it’s the biggest Counter-strike event where teams from all around the world come to compete for a $100,000. This year they have changed the game to Counter-strike Source rather than CS 1.6.

Good Luck, hopefully, you wont argue at each other from a competitive league, heh.

Back