suffering?

Jesus is coming back for His bride, are YOU ready to meet your maker? [How's THAT for fear?]

Point 1: Christians have been claiming Jesus is coming back for 2,000 years. I'm not holding my breath.

Point 2: Do threats really work? Is THAT why you believe? Because you're afraid of the alternative?

Point 1: Christians have been claiming Jesus is coming back for 2,000 years. I'm not holding my breath.

Point 2: Do threats really work? Is THAT why you believe? Because you're afraid of the alternative?

THis is a thread about suffering. If you wish to dicuss these questions further. PLease start another thread with them.

Fear is only one motive to lead us to the Cross of Christ..
It (fear) is usally pre-emptive in the reconcilliation of man to God :eek:

Romans 13:4
For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

Luke 2:34-36
34Then Simeon blessed them and said to Mary, his mother: "This child is destined to cause the falling and rising of many in Israel, and to be a sign that will be spoken against, 35so that the thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will pierce your own soul too."

Matthew 10:34
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Faith in the word of God given by angels is another..
John 5:46
If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me.

John 8:45
Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me!

John 8:46
Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don't you believe me?

John 10:37
Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does.
Many are called, few are chosen..As the scriptures have said..
2 Corinthians 5:11
Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade men. What we are is plain to God, and I hope it is also plain to your conscience.

Galatians 4:11
I fear for you, that somehow I have wasted my efforts on you.

2 Corinthians 5:20-21
20Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
21For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
For..
Hebrews 10:31
It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
Be ye reconciled..

PsT
If I have to take a blow from God for standing in the gap so be it :p

Okey dokey.

Why is suffering needed at all?

If God is omnipotent & omnibenevolent, why does suffering factor into the equation?

Why is it deemed by God to be a necessary part of life?

Okey dokey.

If God is omnipotent & omnibenevolent, why does suffering factor into the equation?

Jesus suffered much..

Hebrews 2:9
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

Hebrews 5:8
Although he was a son, he learned obedience from what he suffered

1 Peter 2:23
When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly.

1 Peter 2
5Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

19For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully. 20For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God. 21For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:22Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:23Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:24Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
25For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

1 Peter 4
15If you suffer, it should not be as a murderer or thief or any other kind of criminal, or even as a meddler. 16However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name.
It is the Life of Christ in us, God revealing His Son to us by His Holy Witness :)
2 Corinthians 1:6
6And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation.

Romans 8:36
36As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

Romans 14:7
For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone.

Okey dokey.

Because we live in a fallen world. I do believe the God intended for us to live without suffering, but at the time of the fall sin entered the world.

I wish it was different, but the suffering we experience is ultimated used for His Glory.

Because we live in a fallen world. I do believe the God intended for us to live without suffering, but at the time of the fall sin entered the world.

I wish it was different, but the suffering we experience is ultimated used for His Glory.

Ewww, you may want to rephrase that, because it sounds like God make a mistake.

If God intended us to live without suffering, I think that an omnimax God could do it. Therefore, I must contend that God INTENDED us to suffer. How we got here is really a moot point in light of an omnimax being.

If we are going to go that route...God wanted us to choose Him freely. We did not, hence the suffering

Agreed this is the original cuase of suffering Gen :)
But now, through faith we can know Jesus through sufferings and various trials :D

Why is my life full of problems related to money, relations, stress etc? Why do all the decisions that I take always go wrong?

Man proposes and God disposes to show that you should not be too much involved in the worldly affairs and that you should turn to Him. The failures in the world show that God is very much interested in your case and is constantly trying to divert you towards Him. The failures and problems are real friends, who will turn you to God.
The success with fame is the real enemy, which drags you away from the God. When Lord Krishna asked His aunt, Kunthi, to ask for a boon, she asked Krishna to continue only problems in her life. Her argument was that she remembered the Lord always in difficulties. She wants to remember God continuously. All the things in this world proceed according to the wheel of deeds (Karma Chakra).
You cannot change the destined route of things in this nature. They reflect the systematic administration of rules and regulations laid down by the Lord. You cannot change the nature of the external atmosphere. You must cut your mental attachment to the external atmosphere and remain peaceful. With the peaceful mind, you must concentrate on God.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, DV you are right, it was based on Adam and Eve's choice. Ultimately, that is how suffering came into the world and now, we must enjoy the fruits of the tree they planted.

Yes, DV you are right, it was based on Adam and Eve's choice. Ultimately, that is how suffering came into the world and now, we must enjoy the fruits of the tree they planted.

But WHY?

Not only is that not fair, it's not very benevolent.

If your father commits a crime, should you be punished for it? What about seven upon seven generations? What about the entirety of your lineage?

Now you can claim that God doesn't have to be fair because, he's well, God an all, but if you want to side with that argument, you will have a tough time convincing me that God is just or benevolent.

What about the entirety of your lineage?
Adam sinned, and we were in him..
WE ALL died to God that day..
We recieved Adam's life, passed down from generation to generation until we now stand before you..
The children bearing the likeness fo thier fathers, with ever increasing dishonour to Adam, the father of all mankind :eek:

If a man dies, he is then freed from that life though death..
He is no longer like Adam, but rather a like a worm, in the ground, six feet under :p
He returns to the ground from which he came :O

If you're a Christian, then you died with Christ, so that we can belong to the family of God instead, and have everlasting Life! :)

As a Christian you recieve the Life GOD has for you, here in this life as you reckon yourself DEAD to sin and alive to God through Jesus Christ the Lord..

If you do not do so in this life, you will do so in the hereafter..
You shall still be saved...But only as through FIRE :D

Not only is that not fair, it's not very benevolent.

Of course it's not fair. But mankind forfitted their right to be greater than the devil when the evil one tricked them (as we were made greater than the devil at first). As a result, evil taints our lives, and the only freedom we have from it is through Jesus Christ.

You shall still be saved...But only as through FIRE

Ummm please anyone whats wrong with the above statements?
Is it me am I reading this correctly or is this the result of misinterprating the word of God?

The "hereafter" would be heaven I presume. Welcome to Quantom Leep everyone! Okay I'm melting now and the dross is coming to the top, ooooh what world oops I mean what a hereafter.

How is one saved when he is thrown into the lake of FIRE in the hereafter?
That FIRE is a total seperation from God it is eternal death.

Last time I checked: There is "Only one life, twil soon be past, only whats done for Christ will last."

Adam sinned, and we were in him..
WE ALL died to God that day..
We recieved Adam's life, passed down from generation to generation until we now stand before you..
The children bearing the likeness fo thier fathers, with ever increasing dishonour to Adam, the father of all mankind :eek:

If a man dies, he is then freed from that life though death..
He is no longer like Adam, but rather a like a worm, in the ground, six feet under :p
He returns to the ground from which he came :O

If you're a Christian, then you died with Christ, so that we can belong to the family of God instead, and have everlasting Life! :)

As a Christian you recieve the Life GOD has for you, here in this life as you reckon yourself DEAD to sin and alive to God through Jesus Christ the Lord..

You shall still be saved...But only as through FIRE :D

Zeena, you're not addressing the point.

Of course it's not fair. But mankind forfitted their right to be greater than the devil when the evil one tricked them (as we were made greater than the devil at first). As a result, evil taints our lives, and the only freedom we have from it is through Jesus Christ.

WRONG!

Mankind didn't forfeit anything. Adam and Eve did, that is all.

You are merely prosecuting the rest of us for the sins of two people.

I thought you might find this to be a blessing so here ya go everyone.

Spices mentioned in the Song of Solomon 4:14 have a very descriptive and symbolic meaning.

Aloe: The juice has a bittersweet taste but is soothing when applied to the skin. It tells us of the sweetness of bitter things. Bittersweet is an important application that only he who has used it will understand.

Myrrh is symbolic of death, having been used to inbalm the dead. It represents the sweetness that comes to the heart after it has died to self-will, pride, and sin.

Frankincense was a fragrance that arose only after being touched with fire. The burning incense became clouds of sweetnesss arising from the heart of the flames. It symbolizes a person's heart whose sweetness has been brought fourth by the flames of affliction until the holy, innermost part of the soul is filled with clouds of praise and prayer.

From out of all this the question is, are our lives yielding spices and perfumes - sweet fragrances of the heart?

Song of Solomon 4:16 "Awake, north wind, and come, south wind! Blow on my garden, that its fragrance may spread abroad."

from The Love-Life of Our Lord

Last edited:
Back