Stress Test Monday May 14th

Ezekel

We’ll be conducting a stress test on Monday May 14 from 11 AM to 6:00 PM PDT (-7 GMT).

This special test event is open only to Pre-Purchase customers who have registered their accounts. With your help, we can conduct important tests and address some of the issues we identified during our first Beta Weekend Event. During this event, all you need to do is play normally with a new or existing character on your Beta account using the same game client. Please note that since this is a stress test of our servers, you may experience some in-game performance issues. If you’ve pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 and wish to participate in the stress test, we recommend that you register the account and download the game client.

Pre-Purchase customers, log in to the Beta Forums for more information and/or to download the Beta client if needed.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/stress/news/Getting-Started/169235

Having issues logging in? Contact Support: https://support.guildwars2.com/

~RB2

So excited to get at least one more dose of GW2 before I leave for the summer.

Woo hoo!! That's my first day of summer!! I'll be back home and everything for that!

I have better things to do on the 14th...like.. Play EVE ONLINE @_@

j/k I should be there..

After reading their Facebook post
i followed the reading and have downloaded the client
lets hope a full weekend Beta will follow lol

But i must give credit to LOE's Facebook for the heads up
So thank you LOE from the bottom of my video card!!

Excited! My new computer should be all ready for this. So looking forward to seeing how much better the game will look. *squeal*

Now to get all my files from old comp to said new comp....

Excited! My new computer should be all ready for this. So looking forward to seeing how much better the game will look. *squeal*

Now to get all my files from old comp to said new comp....

Potentially not much better. Last time it had less to do with your machine than it did with optimization on their end. Also, drivers aren't out that will further optimize your experience...on the bright side, it won't be any worse!!

Hopefully changes they made have addressed the lag.

tomfoolery is correct - they have NOT optimized yet. I saw one review that mentioned this and the person commented that if this is the beta/unoptimized version - the final version should be stunning. I can't wait.

tomfoolery is correct - they have NOT optimized yet. I saw one review that mentioned this and the person commented that if this is the beta/unoptimized version - the final version should be stunning. I can't wait.

It goes even further than that. They said that not only was it not optimized, with no drivers crafted for it, but it also had heavy bug tracking software running full time on the server and it did not even use of your GPU it was completely CPU locked and even then it did not make use of hyperthreading and multiple cores. So the beta we are playing now is way less then what we will see for release. It will run fine on lower end systems, everyone does not need to go jump and buy a new rig/video card. (that being said I am using GW2 as an excuse for a new rig)

I'm looking forward to see if my toon still looks like a spaz when he jumps and like he's having an epileptic fit when he's casting a spell... lol. Hopefully all that will be fixed near the end of the beta period.

Gah! I work till 4 this day!!! I wonder if I can call in dead....

Only a few hours to play, but I dig. Though I realllly dont think it'll be released in June like some people seem to think...

yes they are running debugging programs in the background that is slowing the rendering and taking up resources,

Gah! I work till 4 this day!!! I wonder if I can call in dead....

Only a few hours to play, but I dig. Though I realllly dont think it'll be released in June like some people seem to think...

Labor Day/Black Friday/Christmas seems the most marketable times for release. Unless otherwise noted, I'm think that's where I would put my proverbial money.

I am running SLI and I can tell you that any MMO game I play, my graphics cards are in the high 80's for temperature. When I was playing GW2 beta last time, they didn't even break 80...more like mid 70's. This echoes what others have said, that my GPU's weren't even being used to their potential.

Wasn't stun the last but one word in word association? Maybe I should have answered GW2 instead of what I did.

I'll probably miss this as well for any number of reasons:

1. Probably won't buy until may 25th
2. Working Monday until 5pm at least
3. Potentially working later for system upgrade at work
4. Cooking dinner/eating dinner when I get home
5. Cleaning up from dinner and visiting with wife/holding baby daughter

All those should put me past 9pm EST, and aside from the working late, I don't mind it a bit (doesn't mean I won't look for every scrap of review written about it come Tuesday).

Back