** Strategies - Posted **

Pabmeister

Allright, seing as this is my first shot at this, i'll take my time.
I've decided to take it apon myself to subit maps + strategies to this site. With each map i will post screenies of dangerous camping grounds, overhead views of maps, general strategies and favorite guns, along with some neat glitches, or Easter Eggs as they are known.
And please...pardon my lousy english.
Of course, if you find any discrepincies in my work, please feel free to point them out.

*** IMPORTANT ***
I need somewhere to upload my images ^^ So stay tuned untill i get somewhere, or give me some links.
*** IMPORTANT***

Seeing as I have no where to host my precious pictures, I will go on to a lengthly discussion about the map.

The map is De_dust, a very popular map that has been around forever. I personaly dispise this map because you play it 95 million times a day, it sports an ugly , cursor losing colour and is horribly stacked, but yet, we still play it.

The goal in this map, being a De_map, (De standing for Defuse,) is ultimately for the terrorist to go to a bomb site, and plant that bomb!

This, of course, is easier said than done.

There are several routes through De_dust, and seing as this is a de map, we will take view from the terrorists, starting in the spawn *insert pic of spawn here*

From here, there are two ways to go, left or forward.

*insert pic of crossroads...Left or forward*

Left brings you to arguably a safer route , because the Ts, if they rush, can arrive faster to the bomb site than the CTs and plant the bomb. Once this is done its camp city. *insert pic of Bombsite *

Left also has many , many dangers. If the T team does not respond quick enough, or gets yellow bellied at the entrance of the tunnel, they really risk the chance of getting surrrounded and defeated. This is a common mishap on unorganized teams.

The other option, going Straight, Is in my oppinion, the /worst/ way to go, but to creat some variety in your plan you really have to sometimes. The reason this si so treacherous is because the Cts feel like BEING there to defent the point, that is, surrounding he Ts from above + snipers from the front *insert pictures of these locations*, the Ts have absolutely 0 chance through.

But the big payoff is, when the bomb can get through withought getting killed , and can sneak its way to either the CT spawn OR the "left" bombsite to plant.

Annother way of going about this is having two squads, an Alpha goin through The T tunnel and a Beta going through the Underpass. Alpha could rush teh bomb site, plant, and beta could hang back a bit untill the bomb is planted, then flank the cts who are comming to defuse.

The wepons you choose really depend where you are going in this map. If you rush left through the T shaped tunnel then you are better off taking more "melee" wepons, like SMGs or  Carbine ish rifles (ak, famas, gali, m4), along with plenty of Gernades. The thing about gernades, when rushing, is dont bring flashies unlesss your infront, because then you blind your teamates ^^;;, and you loose.

The Guns iwould recomment for going Under, or striaght, would be higher acuracy gunes (awp, scout, G3) and some smgs , snipers giving cover to rushers, ect.

There are some fun things you can do in this map, like Skywalk when you are Ct by hopping on certain boxes at teh CT spawn *pictures* , and throw smoke gernades over a wall by making it slide on annother wall, also CT spawn *pics*

Neat camping spots include---

*pics* :p

Question  : Should I Also do a Ct Review for this map... in this case i chose not to because its a De map, but if there be demand, i will come. Also, if there are any more things you wish me to add, just let me know.

GET ME IMAGE HOSTING SO I CAN POST PICTURES AND MAKE THESE THINGS ORE COMPLETE! :p

Annother thing, lol, DO NOT SPAM THESE BOARDS ABOUT HOTDOGS< PLEASE. THIS IS SERIOUS STRATEGY. SPAM AND I WILL STOP CONTRIBUTING.

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rizz @ April 01 2004,2:35)]
rock.gif
whats wrong rizz?

And Btw... The toj server just kicked my out for "auto cheat detected" or soemthing. This offends me somewhat.

Come on guys, let's get some hosting for pab here!! His strategies could greatly benefit the cs community, and I like reading about strategies! Pab, good job.
blues.gif

2 things pab one please dont mention sky walking as it is against server rules to the best of my knowledge (map exploits and silient plants ) you could also mention more about the options T's have if the rush both tunnel ( and go right) and under the bridge at the same time.

My strat (don't take it as a smart remark its truly my strat for pubs): Aim at the head, don't die, don't get flashed by my teammates (or blocked) and listen for the guys running up behind us for flank b/c no one else seems to have sound or care there coming.

-Micah

Way to show initiative Pabmeister
smile.gif
I haven't critically read what you posted, but what I did read looks real good. I think Dust is probably a good map to start with as it is a well played map and you should get lots of feedback about what works, what doesn't and why.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]cursor losing colour

go to console menu, type adjust_crosshair

You have red, yellow, blue, light blue and as default, green. or use a mod for it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]...This is a common mishap on unorganized teams.

which is why there are voice commands. Enemy Spotted, Roger that, Negative, Get out of there, shes gonna blow... or if typing is too slow for you, use a microphone and speak out; Bomb down at ct spawn, need help...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]that is, surrounding he Ts from above + snipers from the front *insert pictures of these locations*, the Ts have absolutely 0 chance through.

work as a team, cover your mates flanks, try the best you can, and you may survive and win.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]like SMGs or Carbine ish rifles (ak, famas, gali, m4),

note that only certain teams carry certain weapons; ct only: Colt, AUG, Famas, SG Sniper Rifle t only: AK, SG Commando, Galil, G3 Sniper Rifle
unless u find them on the floor, then u can pick them up, and hope u have it when u live!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]GET ME IMAGE HOSTING SO I CAN POST PICTURES AND MAKE THESE THINGS ORE COMPLETE! :p

A) they banned that since people were mis-using it here before.
B) you could refer to a internet site with pictures, *cough cough...csnation.net cough*

Thank you, Corpfox. Its about time we got someone in here with some constructive critisism, Its people like you who make things like this work.

On the cursor note , i knwo you can change it, but no matter what it allways seems to get lost in those golden colour walls. Probably my bad eyes.

Kepp up the good posts.

(I was unaware of the picture problem. Perhaps this thread can have special privilages?)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Its people like you who make things like this work.

Only by my experience. Not, my kind of people. Everyone has their own experiences.

And I guess you were there to see that happen, Flash, heh.

So then. Any suggestions for next review? Any idea what map should be done? Anythign at all? Please...Post away.

something like militia would be a good one...on the face it seems like a simple run-and-gun/camp your face off kinda map, but there's definitely more to it than that...

also...why no comments about hot dogs?
biggrin.gif

maybe chateau or piranesi.

those are very good maps, that are played little, and when they are played people whine about them because they don't know them or strats for them.

Back