STO?

janc

Does anyone here play Star Trek Online, or know of a Christian fleet? I've recently gotten back into it, but I'm not enjoying the conduct of the fleet I'm in. I've gotten spoiled playing other games with members of ToJ and LoJ.

I played STO in beta, wasn't impressed, and never looked back.

I do have a code for a copy of the game plus 10 days game time (it came with the Logitech F710 I recently purchased), but I'm hoping to sell it soon.

Does anyone here play Star Trek Online, or know of a Christian fleet? I've recently gotten back into it, but I'm not enjoying the conduct of the fleet I'm in. I've gotten spoiled playing other games with members of ToJ and LoJ.
I play STO (got a 60 day pass from AlienWare, and am not sure I'll continue once the pass is used up at the start of October). That said, I don't know of a Christian fleet in game.

I just downloaded the game, then realized they don't have a free trial period. :(

Does anyone have one of their trial keys I can have?

STO is going free to play "soon." You might want to wait for the F2P relaunch at this point.

Now I have to figure out if the "free" copy of STO I received as a bonus with my Logitech F710 has any value at all. Probably not.

It will be just like the Champions Online model, free to play with restrictions to some content (in game purchasable) and a very robust in-game store.

I ended up leaving due to not knowing anyone there. I did find a small Christian fleet to join, but wasn't terribly active.

I'll definitely be back when it's F2P, though.

I'm really looking forward to this game going f2p, but if it doesn't hurry and GW2 comes out around the same time, I'm afraid it will have lost me. :)

I'm really looking forward to this game going f2p, but if it doesn't hurry and GW2 comes out around the same time, I'm afraid it will have lost me. :)
Aside from WoW 7-day passes and a possible one month WoW re-sub for Winter's Veil in December or Children's Week in May, I think I'm just going to wait for a GW2 trial for a MMO fix. (And yes, I know GW1 is a CORPG, not a MMORPG. Semantics.)

I've yet to really be drawn into a F2P MMO (or any F2P game, come to think of it). And no, TF2 doesn't count because I pre-ordered it in 2007. Not saying it won't happen. I just didn't care for STO during beta and I don't see reason to download a multi-gig client and spend time learning yet another new game unless there are several ToJ members actively playing (as was the case with Champions Online).

But that's my personal reply. As always, if there's sufficient interest, if the game doesn't have grossly objectionable content, and if a member in good standing volunteers to lead, I'm willing to approve a new ToJ chapter.

I have been playing this recently. And I joined Zion Fleet and they are very nice guys.

I played at Beta and the game had some issues. However now its very good. they have made a ton of changes and the free to play model has been decent.

there is not too much you have to buy just to enjoy the game. in fact I have not had to buy anything. Even though I did buy some things that make my ship look cool.

Back