Still Can't Access Mysidia

Ryooshi

Thought I'd better give anyone looking for me a heads-up. I've got the game installed, patched, and activated, albeit missing almost two days of my Buddy Pass already trying to complete the entire process. I've got my character data saved and ready to go, but ever since early this morning, I haven't been able to access Mysidia from the server list due to an apparent character creation lockout for the time being.

No communication from SE regarding the obvious creation lock on the server or when it will be lifted. The last info they've given regarding Mysidia was a recovery notice from a server error: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/news/detail?newsId=50030ad4431bb0d63f7c784ae076a387434280e4

I thought it'd be worth asking if there was a chance of finding out when the character creation lock will be raised. Does anyone know of an easier way other than sitting on the creation screen, and hitting Previous and Next every 30 minutes?

Also, if I understand correctly, you don't get booted off the server for being idle for an extended period of time, do you? I was never idle long enough during OB to test this. If this is the case, I might put in a Suggestion to SE Tech Support to implement that type of system. It would reduce server load, latency, and queue times for sure.

My regards to those also having this trouble.

Try again. The ban on character creation was supposed to be lifted on our server...

Sadly, I've been trying all day yesterday and today. As of 6:30 pm EST, these are all the servers I can access:

fvviar.jpg

:(

Last edited:
Any change?

Edit: Your archer looks cool btw. xD

No, not yet. :( I'm still sitting in the lobby/creation screen, going back and forth to the server list. It's officially the 4th day now. lol

I think he looks cool, too. I was originally going to make a Highlander or Roegadyn, but I like Midlanders much better. I just wish I had a ponytail option for him. Any customizable version of Ryo I do always has a ponytail. XD

No, not yet. :( I'm still sitting in the lobby/creation screen, going back and forth to the server list. It's officially the 4th day now. lol

I think he looks cool, too. I was originally going to make a Highlander or Roegadyn, but I like Midlanders much better. I just wish I had a ponytail option for him. Any customizable version of Ryo I do always has a ponytail. XD

They said they are going to add "barbers" with new hairstyles...so you are not out of luck there... :)

Well...with it being Monday, I would assume that Character creation is unlocked...but idk... :p

Not for me. :( I'm only seeing about 10 or 11 realms, and Mysidia isn't one of them. Going to put in another ticket to SE this morning.

Bad news:

http://yfrog.com/afj8tnj

Pretty frustrated about this. What was the point of reserving my character name in Open Beta?

Posted this on the FFXIVCore forums, and I think it's worth repeating now:
At the very least, they should have allowed Open Beta testers who have their names reserved on their respected servers to bypass the lockout. There's no point in reserving a name if they're going to lockout players. That's like calling in a reservation at a fancy pants restaurant a week in advance, then arriving at the appointed time only to be turned away because the restaurant is filled to capacity. o_O

Sooo... I'm left with a decision. Reply back and request access again (doubtful it would happen); roll a toon on another server, if at least for now; or step away from the game until a later date (something I REALLY don't want to do due to Sean's generosity of a Buddy Pass).

Opinions? Advice?

Congrats! I just started a new character there myself. Was irritated when I couldn't all morning :p

My new name is Serenity Moonstalker

Cool. Ill hit you all up later. still trying to decide if I am going to stay past 30 days. lots of stuff in this game is chapping my hide.

Is there a more effective method to find out when a server will open back up again for character creation than creating a character and seeing what worlds are available? Or is that about it?

From others experiences, how long does a server tend to stay locked up?

Is there a more effective method to find out when a server will open back up again for character creation than creating a character and seeing what worlds are available? Or is that about it?

I'm not really sure. I tried to find out the answer to these questions on the FFXIVCore forums as well, and got no response. But I did keep an eye on both the Mysidia sub-forum and here for any indication the server was open for new player characters. I think it's luck of the draw with coming across published information regarding all this. Sadly, SE lags a bit behind when it comes to announcing lockout lifts.

I think the duration of the lockout simply depends on server load at the time. I do know it took me almost five days of trying to get into Mysidia before I could create Ryo. :(

Recent lock outs have been only a day long at most...however...I have no idea on how to check...since the Dev team is in Japan...things take a little while to reach us... IMO they will allow new creations today sometime...

Back