Stats...

Avesther

Ok...I just checked the stats for Dwarf Rogues on the Illidan server, updated by cosmos.   Sad my info is not up on there yet, there would be a lot of embarrased dwarf rogues.

Here is a breakdown of the top three (there are no dwarf rogues above level 40):

Lvl 38: AC 710:  Agility: 93
Lvl 38: AC 695:  Agility: 90
Lvl 36: AC 735:  Agility: 86

me:

Lvl 27: AC 681:  Agility: 88

I didn't look at the strength aspect...but I'm sure mine is at or above the levels that these high lvl 30's have.  I seem to recall my strength at 27, while the above three are like 10 or 20.

My dps averages between 38 and 48 as calculated by cosmos.  I will get it into the 50's, depending on the rolls I suspect, and I have had a few get into the 60's.
---

All that ontop of being the second expert cooker in the guild w00t.

---

Anyway...thats my character in a nutshell...hopefully with careful planning, I can have one of the deadliest rogues on illidan, at least on the alliance side.

---

I checked the horde side out for rogues...I am on par with theirs that are approaching level 40.  And a few names I've noticed have been pains in the alliance side.

Maybe, I can get this guy to become of the deadliest rogues on Illidan at this rate.

---

This is only based on people who use cosmos and update their stats.  I think we can assume the group of people fairly represent the entire Illidan population
smile.gif

---

Granted,,,most of the info on there seems to be at least a week old.

That is awesome Cory, we could definately use someone who can stealth. Rogues are everywhere in Booty Bay, so we could certainly use you!

Are you looking at thottbot information? If so, you have to keep in mind that they are calculating the information differently. The stats are purely item based, meaning it only calculates the stat bonuses from equipment and not from levels. Armor is also effected somewhat by stats (I believe agiliy, although I'm not sure) so the AC posted is much lower than it is in game.

Finally, I haven't seen the character profiles updated in forever so I don't think it's accurate anyway.

Im getting WoW soon, i promise. There are two different types of swords in the game right, thrusting and slashing right? Well.... in daoc if you had higher str then you would use slashing, because those weapons called for higher str. If you had higher dex then you would use the thrusting weapons. Just somthing to help you if you havnt thought about that Cory. Cammandus would know more, he played an infiltrator (rogue) in daoc.

But an imperfect standard is better then none. At least I have an idea of how I am performing in comparrison to others. And so far, it seems better. And once my stats show up on thottbot (which I am confused as to why it hasn't, I'm quite sure I've done what I am supposed to do) then I my comparisons would be more accurate...in that if cosmos sinks the measuring stick 1 foot into the ground, then all stats using that standard start with the same one foot down base, if you catch my drift.

But by all counts, I am doing things right by concentrating on agility as my primary stat and strength and stanima as my secondaries. Self reliance is the where I am heading with this character, and he is almost there.

I've even retrained my talents to better split between Assasination and subtlty. And by doing so, I've managed to up my DPS by about 5. With luck, I'll finish my poison quest and hopefully, with poisons, I'll make up some of the penalty I have because of Dual Weilding. Slowing down a creep or adding some nature damage over time will help increase my overall DPS. Currently if I garrote and rapture my victim, I get a gauranteed 16.5 dps. Add deadly poison to that, you can add 3 DPS and then add instant poison on the other weapon for an instant 22 damage. In the first 5 seconds of battle, I can accumulate 120 damage without adding in my SS or Eviscerate moves or any Critical strikes that I get atleast once a battle. So, in the first 5 seconds of battle, I can potentially dole out 250 damage (50dps) on a consistent basis. And now I can do two back stabs or a garrote and an ambush. So, yeah, I'm getting there
smile.gif

How do i use Cosmos to find all this info? i have very little idea how the thing works. All ive got was how to customize my interface, play games and use the Want Ads
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gods_Peon @ Dec. 28 2004,1:55)]But an imperfect standard is better then none.  At least I have an idea of how I am performing in comparrison to others.  And so far, it seems better.  And once my stats show up on thottbot (which I am confused as to why it hasn't, I'm quite sure I've done what I am supposed to do) then I my comparisons would be more accurate...in that if cosmos sinks the measuring stick 1 foot into the ground, then all stats using that standard start with the same one foot down base, if you catch my drift.

But by all counts, I am doing things right by concentrating on agility as my primary stat and strength and stanima as my secondaries.  Self reliance is the where I am heading with this character, and he is almost there.

I've even retrained my talents to better split between Assasination and subtlty.  And by doing so, I've managed to up my DPS by about 5.  With luck, I'll finish my poison quest and hopefully, with poisons, I'll make up some of the penalty I have because of Dual Weilding.  Slowing down a creep or adding some nature damage over time will help increase my overall DPS.  Currently if I garrote and rapture my victim, I get a gauranteed 16.5 dps.  Add deadly poison to that, you can add 3 DPS and then add instant poison on the other weapon for an instant 22 damage.   In the first 5 seconds of battle, I can accumulate 120 damage without adding in my SS or Eviscerate moves or any Critical strikes that I get atleast once a battle.  So, in the first 5 seconds of battle, I can potentially dole out 250 damage (50dps) on a consistent basis.   And now I can do two back stabs or a garrote and an ambush.  So, yeah, I'm getting there
smile.gif
Go to your character screen and mouse over each stat. The +Green number should be a good indicator of your item stats. At level 30 or so, that could be around 30-40 agility that isn't item based, which would make a huge difference. I don't know the exact numbers though and I very well could be wrong, which is why I'm asking you to look at it yourself. Comparing just your item stats with others would probably be a better indicator (The same can't be said for armor, I have no idea how Thottbot calculates it).

Thottbot hasn't been updating any character profiles lately it seems, as mine still says I have a level 24 paladin and a member of God's Peons.

Back