Start preloading Cataclysm today without making a purchase

As of right now it is hit or miss...it worked for my brother...but isn't working for me...and I did them both, and am very familiar with coding... I installed WoW via the full WoW installer from battle.net ...it seems to be set up a little different than ones installed from the discs...

so i'm getting the collector's edition. needless to say ill be picking up the hard copy in store and "manually" installing via CD. would this even be a viable option considering ill be doing a hard install of the game when it releases?

so i'm getting the collector's edition. needless to say ill be picking up the hard copy in store and "manually" installing via CD. would this even be a viable option considering ill be doing a hard install of the game when it releases?

It works with the CE as well...makes it so you do not have to install with the discs...

Okay, I got it to work...it would not load those options into the WTF files until I had logged in with an active account...which I just renewed after 8 months today...not sure where (on what server) I will be playing... :)

Last edited:

Really the only thing important about the collector edition for the game itself is just the key. That is what determines what extra in game elements like the non combat pet you receive. In the next couple of weeks, blizz is going to create the gold copy of the game and start the distribution process. As soon as that happens the game stamped on the DVDs will be out of date and you are pretty much guaranteed to at least have one patch to download even after installing the disk version. For those with the digital download, they should theoretically be able to keep pushing updated preload content all the way to release.

Back