StarCraft 2 beta key?

If you order in store you get the key printed on a receipt.

Good call...should've added that. I was more thinking along the lines of...what if you pre-ordered last week? Do you go back into the store and cancel/re-order? Ask for a key? Cancel and order online? I dunno.

Got my pre-order done today, key was on receipt. Should have it dloaded tonight!

No release date yet.

If I may put in my personal opinion though lol.. the game is already very well balanced, and there seems to be very few bugs atm. The only ones I've found are an occasional crash with the client, and a bug that sometimes prevents ladder information being displayed (and friends list). Neither of which affect gameplay (well, i guess the crash would lol) and I imagine are already identified and being fixed. Given that mass beta invitations are going out and they're doing a sort of stress test on the system, and the feedback of the players, I wouldn't be shocked if release was just 2 months from now. Three months to play it safe. Any more than that, I think, would mean that Blizzard is holding off to make a significant change to.. something.

However, that's not taking into account all the stuff happening in Korea. So who knows.

Looks like Amazon is offering this as well. Much better cancellation policy than GameStop, so if you're on the fence as to whether you are wanting to buy, you might pre-order here instead:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000ZKA0J6/

Also of note...says the beta is until May 17, so the full release may be pretty close.

So who's still looking for beta keys?

I'm not looking, but if one should happen to come my way (or the opportunity arises to acquire one), I would be pleased. :p

If you're interested in scoring a StarCraft II beta key, read this thread.

If you want to donate a StarCraft II beta key to be given away, read this thread.

I'm keeping this thread open for discussion since the other two are strictly for the giveaway.

EDIT: Post #7100!

Last edited:
Back