Star Wars - the truth is that it is a Rip-Off from the Holy Bible!

I'm seeing too many holes and inconsistencies for this to actually work. It sounds to me more like the author is trying to shoehorn it into place. I'm too lazy/tired to counter any points right now but based on everything I've read in the past - Mr. Lucas didn't get much, if any, of his inspiration from Christianity.

Vague Jesus analogy with Anakin being a virgin birth, sure. Occasional name reference to make something seem more important Imperial City of Abbadon, sure, too many do that already, though that location was dropped. Maybe a tiny bit of redemptive themes drawn from the Bible, sure, but the movies have more Taoist themes than that. That's as far as Biblical inspiration probably goes. I don't believe Lucas is deep enough to have drawn that much more from the Bible. On the plus side Sir Alex Guinness was very much a Christian, one of my favorite actors, and may have influenced some of the movie to the positive.

The thing about Star Wars, and most media, is it's written by humans for human desires. Everyone, Christian or not knows they need a savior, bad things and death happen (whether they admit to the concept of good and evil or not). Thus they write tales of a messiah come to save them from evil and death. The problem is a secular messiah is by no means Christ, in fact in some ways he could be called anti-Christ as a humanistic savor triumphs not by being raised up by God but by raising himself up to be a god by his own human will. The concept of a light and dark side of the force seems more akin to Taoism and Jedi are made immortal by their own acts similar to Buddistic enlightenment which again is a human raising themselves up process. Even in the new movies the need to explain the force as mitochondria seems to be a pull to replace the supernatural with the natural evolution of man into a god via human will /see Stargate, Star Trek and virtually every other humanistic sci-fi out there.

It's what people do. They remove God and yet know a savior is still required so they shoehorn the only thing they have left in to fix the world's problems, themselves. If you are seeing similarities to Biblical themes in media that's more than likely why, Star Wars included.

As to Lucas "borrowing" themes he pretty much did but then most ideas are an evolution not a revolution even if he seems to have done it way more than people know. The thing is many people are short sighted consuming only "new" media foolishly thinking new is better and even more foolishly believing it is new when it's just repackaged. Lucas himself claimed inspiration from Kurosawa's "Hidden Fortress" for C3P0 and R2D2. Then if you watch the old black and white serials the screen wipes and the episodic layout (not just between movies but how each movie is subdivided with action sequences) are clear. I'm not sure which specific serial he watched but it's really obvious he did. Lucas really only has one claim to originality with Star Wars. He took the classic rescue the princess story and put it in space (and maybe Vader's identity arc). Yes he did a good job of it, at least back then he did, but most of the classic characters existed before. Wizards, naive youthful apprentice, shady worldly captain who is swayed by love, emotional loyal second mate, women's lib supporter (though not to the point of being annoying like so many others).

Point in case about Luca's originality, and people being oblivious, look up Charlton Heston's movie "Secret of the Incas". Indiana Jones we hardly knew ye...

Side note: I've thought along the same secular humanistic lines about Naruto for a long while. The theme of moving beyond hate and the cycle of vengeance is repeated ad-nauseum in the series. How do they solve it? A messiah, Naruto, is foretold to bring peace. For the first half of the series he is telling people how he knows their pain having lived it (like Christ lived on Earth). Then he repeatedly sacrifices himself to save enemies and care for everyone. Finally he manifests "special" abilities in being this foretold one. Again people know they need a savior. The problem is Nartuto will fail being human but, even if failure is shown, they will still show human will winning out in the end, against everything, no God required. Honestly, even though Naruto gets the answer wrong (or I assume it will I haven't finished it yet), it brings up the question and might be a good conversation starter to talk to fans of the show about Christ.

Side side note: As my only insight into prophecy, because I know diddly about it, I've often thought how the anti-Christ can openly magnify himself to being God and not be rejected by people. You see people in general have never wanted to follow any god, they want power or the ultimate power to be God. To rephrase they simply want things and swap gods, or create one, if one isn't giving them what they want. That's why people swap God for Satan because he promises them things not because they want to follow anyone (hmmm sounds like politics). So there is a strong culture against any God in the secular world. Thus secular humanism enters the scene. The anti-Christ could proclaim himself to be God to the world while the world would view it as him proclaiming humanity as being gods which they'd be fine with.

Last edited:
@CowRocket -Thank you.

@The Mighty Gerbil - excellent points, especially about the anti-Christ at the end. As you may already know there are a lot of subliminal messages carried in Disney movies, this is where my concern comes for the latest movie - I have not seen this film as yet - but I suspect that it may contain underlying messages that will allow the anti-Christ to be more readily accepted. [He should start to become more visible and evident over the next few months.]

After seeing the latest trailer, there has been an uproar about the composition of the 2 new lead role characters - but I think there is something more deeply lying here. I exhort you, my brothers, to watch and pray.

Back