Star Wars: The Old Republic

Interested in a TF guild on Star Wars: The Old Republic?

• Yes. Count me in

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No. Not interested

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Neutral. Open to either

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Cypher

Hey y'all.

I'm looking into Star Wars: The Old Republic. The MMO I believe will be coming out sometime this year (I think). In preparation, I wanting to see who would be interested in starting a branch of TF on SW:TOR.

IF the game is amazing and it pulls me away from WoW, I would be interested in exploring the possibility.

However, the likelihood of me quitting WoW is pretty slim. Cataclysm is going to be stunning.

My intent is to focus on Cataclysm, but i'm keeping an eye on SWTOR. Historicallly, TF does not "sponsor" guilds in other games, but there certainly will be a cgalliance guild of some sort.

I was going to consider playing TOR, but I think since the content nerf and the fact that Cataclysm is Amaaaaazing in beta, I'll probably end up passing on it.

I was going to consider playing TOR, but I think since the content nerf and the fact that Cataclysm is Amaaaaazing in beta, I'll probably end up passing on it.

What content nerf?

WoW xpack will likely be in November and with SWTOR slated for spring 2011 (and likely a delay or two), there should be time to enjoy both. ;]

It's fun to have a character in WoW that is very established, well into endgame, but also have another MMO on the side to play. IMO.

CGalliance does have SWTOR guilds already underway.

Considering that the component my company's working on for the Cataclysm Beta isn't coming out until November (at least on tentative schedule) I have my doubts that Cataclysm itself will be released then. From a manufacturing standpoint, it takes about a month for the packaging to be put together and distributed to stores.

Personally I have not been impressed with Cata (okay, Cata's impressed me on two points, but out of 10, that's not enough). Then again, TOR's been scaled back enough that I am finding it hard to generate much excitement there and there are too many unknowns for me to consider dropping RL money into it when it is.

I'd like to reiterate that The Forgiven is a WOW guild and we'd encourage you to join on of the cga's established guilds for games such as StarCraft II, SWTOR etc. It's wonderful to be able to enjoy the fellowship of believers while playing games!!!

Oops. Now someone tells me. Well, I've become sold on WoW. I like the interface and stuff. If I can ever get the money for it, I'll probably stick with it. :p

I'm just wanting to get my roommate into an MMO that I play as well. Unfortunately, he is not a fan of WoW and probably will never be a fan. :p

Oh well, sorry about all this. I guess I should have caught on that TF was only a WoW guild...

Nothing wrong with exploring possibilities. The guild was founded as a WoW guild, and we never really intended it to go beyond WoW, at least not while most of us are playing WoW. This is one of the reasons we are a part of the CGA: they span many games, so that we don't have to.

Back