Star Wars in the Rose Parade

MaidMirawyn

I've been waiting for WEEKS for this! :D

First entry: Forest Moon of Endor, with Ewoks, C-3PO, and X-Wing Pilots

Second: Marching Band in Imperial Officer Uniforms

Third: 501st Storm Trooper Battalion, led by Darth Vader and two Imperial Guards (I think; I didn't get a good look...)

Fourth: Naboo, with Three Queens

Someone find some pics!

I just watched it live -- pretty awesome stuff. I'm sure pictures will be appearing soon. ^^ There's also more info on the HGTV website.

I also checked, and the Parade is being re-aired throughout today on ABC, NBC and the Travel Channel (in addition to HGTV running it right now), so check your local listings.

Yeah, I went back to Monk the minute the parade was over. I also blogged the Star Wars floats. :)

Too bad if you missed it, though. THERE WAS A GUY WITH A JET PACK. A JET PACK! The float in front of George Lucas's car.

Wait, there's a game? What? :D

Jet pack on a Star Wars float probably=Boba or Jango Fett.

Anywho, YEAH NOW YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS!! MONK REWLZ!!!

But until the 19th there won't be any new ones

Actually, "Rocket Man," as they called him, was NOT from a Star Wars float; George Lucas's car was several floats back from the Star Wars entries. And it really was amazing. He took off from the float and flew for twenty-nine seconds...since he had thirty seconds of fuel. :) It was short, but it was great! Jet pack on the back, two handles, everything. I feel like we're FINALLY in the twenty-first century. :D

Oh, and some photos from the woman blogging it at Star Wars...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bonniegrrl/sets/72157594449645708/

Hopefully they will add some photos from the actual parade soon.

Last edited:
The Twilek dancers and flag corps from the marching band.

341064644_b951cbf257_d.jpg
341063381_ddfda28bc8_d.jpg

Last edited:
And the Naboo float...

341064195_d82ec6a6b1_d.jpg

According to one site I found, the Amidala dresses were "originals," not reproductions. Very cool!

Back