Star Trek's movie debut

ColdSteel

Well being an avid Star Trek fan for several years now. I must say the debut scored a 10 for me and the Mrs.
We watched at our local area Dolby Digital theater. (1 of 17 in the USA.) The screen resolution is 2X1080p so it would be 2160p. Plus the theatre has 200,000 watts of power. George Lucas style sound. http://www.cinemall.com/
It was great from the beginning to end. I laughed a bunch. Some scenes were really funny.
Very little bad words, some pg13 sex content scenes may be borderline for some. Overall a must see movie. :)

I would like to go see it, but I haven't been to see a movie since Munich.

To further drive the point home, I have $50 worth of Regal Cinemas gift cards that I received 2 and a half years ago at Christmas.

I wanna take my son to see Up though, I bet that would be cool.

He's almost 2 :p

All the reviews I've read so far have been positive.

Even before the economic downturn, I had a policy of only paying $18 for tickets (not to mention enduring the typically bothersome movie theater experience--waiting in line, crying babies in the theater, people who don't use the good sense God gave them to set their cell phones to silent or vibrate--that has done more to damage theater profits and boost home theater equipment sales more effectively than piracy ever could) only for Pixar films.

I might have to make an exception for Star Trek.

It was a pretty great film. Plenty of action, story is easy to follow, and it haz LASERS. 8.5/10

Minor cussing and a quick scene of a woman in undergarments though.

I only want to see it if Syl...ar... I mean Spock uses his mental powers to pop a persons head off and to look at their brain :p

Last edited:
I cant wait to see it :)

Tek7 $18 a ticket wow I'll count my blessing $4.50 a ticket here for a family of 5 no way could I afford to take my family to movies on $18 a ticket. WOW

Here is a cool interview I seen on Today show of Leonard Nimoy

Tek7 $18 a ticket wow
Non-matinee ticket prices are now approaching $9 each, which means that it would cost about $18 for my wife and I to go see a movie.

After I got married, I started automatically doubling the cost of tickets and meals for any event (e.g. a hypothetical dinner event costs $30, not $15, since my wife and I both have to buy tickets).

Non-matinee ticket prices are now approaching $9 each, which means that it would cost about $18 for my wife and I to go see a movie.

After I got married, I started automatically doubling the cost of tickets and meals for any event (e.g. a hypothetical dinner event costs $30, not $15, since my wife and I both have to buy tickets).

Yeah, here, tickets are $9 a piece, so we only go to $5 club movies or matinee's...

mine were 18.40 for 2 tickets purchased online. and an extra 1.90 for the digital showing when we got there. worth every penny.
did i mention an hour drive there. :)

3.50 for an Orange Crush 20oz pop
4.55 for large popcorn .
ouch!!!

4.55 for large popcorn .
ouch!!!

Large 32oz is about 5.50, Large Popcorn is 6.75. Small candy boxes are a good 3 bucks. If that isn't stealing, then I don't know what is.

Large 32oz is about 5.50, Large Popcorn is 6.75. Small candy boxes are a good 3 bucks. If that isn't stealing, then I don't know what is.
Wife + large purse + Walgreens candy aisle > highway robbery = theater concessions prices

$7.25 for a ticket here. Not too bad. But I'm weird and refuse to go see nighttime movies for it's $2 extra. (That's a lot for a bum still in highschool and who isn't old enough for a job.) :p

Wife + large purse + Walgreens candy aisle > highway robbery = theater concessions prices

Same here :D

mine were 18.40 for 2 tickets purchased online. and an extra 1.90 for the digital showing when we got there. worth every penny.
did i mention an hour drive there. :)

4.55 for large popcorn .
ouch!!!

That is actually where theaters make a MAJORITY of their profit...no kidding...they almost make nothing off of ticket sales...

Last edited:
Not to argue, but how is that possible. Considering a ticket sale should be pure profit, and concession goodies would have a cost/sale margin. Heh, anyways, i'll be seeing this soon. Hopefully.

Not to argue, but how is that possible. Considering a ticket sale should be pure profit, and concession goodies would have a cost/sale margin. Heh, anyways, i'll be seeing this soon. Hopefully.

One, 1 cup costs less than a cent, and to fill it around 1 to 2 cents...lol...and I heard this from a guy I knew who was a manager of a theater, and I have heard it before from others...

Also the cost to buy a movie to show in your theater is pretty pricey, and supposedly ticket prices make them break even...give or take a few...

Last edited:
there is no profit whatsoever in selling movie tickets, ask any theater owner. the ticket sale goes directly to the producers and distributed accordingly.

Back