Star Trek

ummm 17 again actually should be best movie of the year, but ill hold out for gi joe and acouple others

i thought it was far better than the original transformers which i thought was quite good; mr bay has his work cut out for him

I'm hoping for a good showing from the next Harry Potter and 9.

That said Star Trek was awesome

Star Trek was amazing.

G.I. Joe, as badly as I would love to see it succeed, looks ridiculous.

Transformers 2 may compete.

Public Enemies is my best guess for "Best Movie of the Year" based on previews only.

G.I. Joe, as badly as I would love to see it succeed, looks ridiculous.
I think that may be the point.

I mean, a ninja who cuts a bullet in half with a sword in mid-air? That's straight out of a 12-year old boy's fanfic.

...Did ninjas even use swords?

I think that may be the point.

I mean, a ninja who cuts a bullet in half with a sword in mid-air? That's straight out of a 12-year old boy's fanfic.

If I remember my G.I. Joe cartoon lore correctly (hey I was young don't expect perfect memory! :p) Snake Eyes did not start out as a quote "ninja" he was just a commando who was sneaky, wore a full black suit and never spoke. Shadow Storm his ninja nemesis was added later in the series. Oh course G.I.Joe predates the cartoon as it had large doll like toy for it. In my cartoon dream team I would have Bugs Bunny, Optimus Prime, Duke (from G.I Joe) and Snake Eyes. Snake Eyes is there to get Duke out of the inevitable trouble he gets into :p. I liked G.I Joe back when they were a real American Hero not a "multi-national group" bah P.C.ness :(.

...Did ninjas even use swords?
Yes but they did not have the skill of the samurai. It was used more for utilitarian usage than fighting. If it did have to be used to fight it was wielded with the arm fully extended as it was shorter than samurai blades.

Last edited:
Back