Squad Commander

ursen

Officer SOE/LoE/Where's "here"?
One of our long range goals is to have a squad commander for LoE. We are just starting to get into WvW on a more organized basis, and so we need to start thinking on getting more efficient. The last time we were in WvW on a guild scale everyone had a lot of fun. Several have asked about the possibility of having a squad commander, and so some VOLUNTARILY started a fund towards that goal. If you are part of the WvW crowd and see a future need for a Squad Commander and feel like contributing talk to Pheonix or one of the treasury officers. Again this is VOLUNTARY and not necessary. Even one copper would help. Also if you have a recommendation for who would be a good candidate let us know, that will be decided later. If you don't do WvW, and have no intention of doing so please ignore this whole post now that you have read it.

edit: Stc should this have gone into PvP? If so can we move it there? And should we schticky it so we can show a running total of the fund?

Last edited:
yea, this belongs in PvP. I'd like to start expanding everyone's focus from LoE General to the other subforums.

Heh, good luck with that. I did a poll a few years back when we had a similar setup, and most people bookmark the general forum; they don't even see this forum. :)

The new posts it just says PvP.. not LoE PvP. Easy to be overlooked if you don't look at the author or last poster to know they in your guild.

Squad commander for LoE participants can be written in guild chat.. but if your adding others from outside LoE it would be needed to have squad chat. Does a squad have it's own color dots on the map? I sure hope so as it's difficult to find you guys if not in a team to show location on map.

I'll donate as I am able.

Heh, good luck with that. I did a poll a few years back when we had a similar setup, and most people bookmark the general forum; they don't even see this forum. :)

:D I just changed my bookmark earlier today

Does a squad have it's own color dots on the map? I sure hope so as it's difficult to find you guys if not in a team to show location on map.
The squad commander has a special dot on the map regardless of whether or not you're in their squad.

I believe the question referred to other squad members ... akin to how other group members have their own dots. I don't know the answer to that one.

Not sure on squad mate dots, but you do get icons above squad member's heads. The squad icon is also able to be toggled.

You don't get any map icons for squad-mates, and squads are freely able to be joined by anyone at all.

Back