Spring 2010 anime

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Episode ones and twos are popping up on AnimeSuki. What are you watching? What do you think of what you've seen so far? What do you plan to watch?

Angel Beats holds a bit of promise.
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou - is another bit of promise

Mayoi Neko Overrun! - kind of bleh

Kaichou wa Maid-sama - not entirely certain, but was a bit bored with the first episode.

I've not downloaded anything else.

Angel Beats holds a bit of promise.
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou - is another bit of promise

Mayoi Neko Overrun! - kind of bleh

Kaichou wa Maid-sama - not entirely certain, but was a bit bored with the first episode.

I've not downloaded anything else.
We're watching Angel Beats. So far Tek is more impressed than I am, but I'm gonna stick with it because it's Key. But I'm not like...immediately interested like I was with Clannad (I'm not expecting another Clannad anyway though).

We watched the first ep of Kaichou wa Maid-sama. Eeehhh. I am going to at least watch the second episode because the source material is reasonably good. Shoujo anime adaptations seem to be notoriously bad though.

Also watching K-ON!! It's pretty much just continuation of the original. Fun enough, but it's not like mustwatchnextepisodenow~!

We're watching Angel Beats. So far Tek is more impressed than I am, but I'm gonna stick with it because it's Key. But I'm not like...immediately interested like I was with Clannad (I'm not expecting another Clannad anyway though).
I'm more interested in playing the Angel Beats video game (which I was shocked to learn does not exist yet) than watching the anime. I've said before that watching the first two episodes is like watching a RPG on auto-pilot. The little RPG touches are great--especially the place name pop-ups in the lower right corner of the screen.

And it doesn't hurt that the show's concept (so far) is "palette-swapped Haruhi railing against higher powers in the afterlife."

We watched the first ep of Kaichou wa Maid-sama. Eeehhh. I am going to at least watch the second episode because the source material is reasonably good. Shoujo anime adaptations seem to be notoriously bad though.
The only shoujo anime I've really enjoyed wasn't even what I would consider shoujo: Natsume Yuujinchou.

Also watching K-ON!! It's pretty much just continuation of the original. Fun enough, but it's not like mustwatchnextepisodenow~!
K-ON!!, like Lucky Star, is one of those series where you find yourself wishing the characters were real people and you could hang out with them on the weekends. It's consistent and dependable "comfort food" anime.

I'm more interested in playing the Angel Beats video game (which I was shocked to learn does not exist yet) than watching the anime. I've said before that watching the first two episodes is like watching a RPG on auto-pilot. The little RPG touches are great--especially the place name pop-ups in the lower right corner of the screen.

It is new IP, that was originally destined for anime rather then manga. The writer is also working actively with the production team and they are doing a superb job. There is a documentary floating around somewhere about the backstory and some of the goals they were aiming for.

The musical side of it is +10 over macross frontier, which was decent. Ep 3 was by far the best so far, two was great but it focused more on comedy, one was the introduction and hook. Ep 3 really hit home the fact that you can have an exciting story and conflict without needing weapons drawn. Hopefully the industry takes a few notes <_<

And it doesn't hurt that the show's concept (so far) is "palette-swapped Haruhi railing against higher powers in the afterlife."

The characters' personalities are totally different. Compared to the other shows this season the emotional underlying and complexities is like the difference between a 5 year olds poetry and Shakespeare's hamlet.

can you put a little arrow linking your name to the little car about to get chomped?

can you put a little arrow linking your name to the little car about to get chomped?
Pfft. Apparently you missed my "Tekasaurus" name change a short while back. I, sir, would be the mechanical T-rex eating the car...

...which has to be one of the oddest things I've ever said on these forums.

I'm not watching any of 2010's new series right now, but I did heed your advice on Dennou Coil and have watched about 12 of those so far.

I'm not watching any of 2010's new series right now, but I did heed your advice on Dennou Coil and have watched about 12 of those so far.
Rock rock on.

Durarara!! is up to episode 15 (which I'll start downloading immediately after writing this post) fansubbed.

House of the Five Leaves It feels like something Tek would watch.

The Good
*It a mature story without nudity or a lot of cussing.
*It's a realistic depiction of a time in history. No sci-fi or magic here.
*Not based on the train for 3 episodes fight for 3 episodes schematic. In fact there has only been two extremely short fights in 7 episodes.
*No fanservice YAY! I feel the need for another YAY with the amount of anime that are marred with this.
*The main characters aren't in their teens.
*Has a different art style.

The Bad

*It's really slow and centered on the characters past. It's like it's just feeding you bits and pieces leading to a crescendo that you know will be short . With all the talking and no other actions (not just the lack of fighting) after a while it feels like a soap opera :/ .
*Haven't watched it all (because it's not out) to tell if it has a weird moral or objectionable content added later. I'm apprehensive all the way through any modern media though :( .

Tek check it out. Side note if you can't find a torrent it is subtitled on Hulu.

Last edited:
They just put Kaze no Stigma up on Hulu. I'm on the seventh episode and liking it because it's one of the few shows where the lead male is smarter than the lead female. Finally a show I don't feel abused and belittled watching. Warning it does have a few unnecessary underwear shots and some rear female nudity though :( .

Last edited:
Back