SovereigntyDDW - New Strategy Game (in development)

Bluhd

Greetings all,

I posted this a couple days ago in the ToJ forums and Tek7 suggested that I post it here in the CGA General Forum, so here it is...

My name is Mike Jones, I am Christian gamer who joined ToJ several years ago when looking for Christian guilds, at the time for WoW. In many games in many realms I go by the name Bluhd. I stopped playing WoW last year because me and three of my friends started working on a web based strategy game which we call SovereigntyDDW. We formed a small company (Strategic Game Science) and creating the game and transforming it into and web based format has taken up my time that I would have otherwise spent playing.

Our timeline is to have our company website up by Monday October 1st - along with a sign up page for a newsletter, and some demo materials at which point we are going to release our newsletter. We are looking to find 1000 subscribers for the newsletter between now and that date. We are sending this message out to people in our own immediate gaming community seeking support spreading our message, and getting people involved with our process. We are not seeking funding, or asking for money. We are asking for people to talk to us, give feedback and help us evaluate our market, and the gaming fit.

I will include some information about the game in the next post.

If this is something that you might be interested in, or you have any questions about it, then please contact me at mikejones276@comcast.net

If you know anyone outside our guild forum that might be interested in this type of game, then please forward this information on to them. *We don’t sell, rent, lease or give away user email addresses. We will not share your email information with third parties.

Maybe I will see some of you online soon, my son is telling me something about monks in WoW soon :)

SovereigntyDDW

Sovereignty - Destiny, Diplomacy and War - Introduction

Sovereignty is a massively multiplayer game of resource acquisition, trade, military strategy and diplomacy. In Sovereignty the player will assume sovereign leadership of a Clan, manage units within the clan, grow the clan’s strength in military, economic and diplomatic power and help his culture develop into a global force.

When a player creates a new clan, the player selects a game world preset in one of several historical eras ranging from Mesolithic to Classical Antiquity. Each world is a separate game modeled on the rise and fall of cultures within a specific historical or pre-historical era. None of the worlds attempt to recreate our own history. Rather we are attempting to recreate key historical moments in human history such as the transition from hunter gatherer to agrarian, the development of copper, bronze and early metalworking, to the rise of the great Empires of Rome and the Chinese Dynasties.

The first world to be published will focus on the Axial Age - Philosopher Karl Jaspers described the Axial Age, "The spiritual foundations of humanity were laid simultaneously and independently in China, India, Persia, Judea, and Greece. And these are the foundations upon which humanity still subsists today." The Axial Age begins just after the Bronze Age Collapse where many Bronze Age Empires fractured into city states. It sees rapid social change, stratification into very structured societies and the emergence of religion, philosophy and scholars. Warfare in this age sees the development of warships, reduction of the importance of chariots, and the development of siege weapons and siege tactics.

A new player will join one of several pre-existing cultural groups on the game world. You will proceed through a process to build a new clan. The new clan starts within the selected cultural region, near a friendly non-player city state. The new clan begins with a small population equipped for defense, and enough wagons and material to set out from its starting location and build a new colony for his culture.

The first objective of Sovereignty is to survive. You compete against a harsh world. You must gather resources, feed your people, and attend to their morale and the development of your culture. If you fail, your people will starve, and many will migrate away to greener pastures. If you succeed, others may migrate to your state to live in prosperity. The second objective is to lead your culture to a dominant position in the world. To do this you must band together, form alliances and nations, and defend your culture. However, civil war is not uncommon through this age, and even allies can be unfriendly. Sovereignty is entirely Player versus Player, and while refuge can be sought behind constructed defenses or within the boundaries of powerful non-player city states, there is no truly safe region on the world.

Sovereignty is an extremely detailed strategy game. There is a level of micromanagement to be applied to your units that is much higher than in an average game, but we are implementing scripting features that allows a player to plan unit actions many turns in advance. The game world is based on realistic climate models and physics to enable highly detailed acquisition of resources and implementation of survival strategies. The world has even been programmed to simulate natural disasters such as volcanic eruptions, tsunamis and hurricanes.

Strategic Game Science is placing the purity of the game and competition within Sovereignty as our foremost objective. Sovereignty is turn based with orders implemented through an interface. Turns are executed simultaneously using impulse rounds to track which players arrive at an objective first. Sovereignty has a simple, low cost pay structure and no features that allow a player to buy an advantage. Sovereignty is designed for fair competition.

Greetings,
The website should be up around October 1st. Our hope is to introduce what we have been working on to get some feedback and/or suggestions.

Back