Songs for StepMania that aren't techno?

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
I downloaded a 500+ MB package of StepMania songs Saturday and noticed that nearly all of them are techno. I can't say I'm a big fan of techno music, so I tend to play the few songs (like Kung Fu Fighting) that aren't techno.

Can anyone recommend a package of non-techno songs for StepMania? Please include download links if available.

/bump

I found a few: Pink Rose, MOBO★MOGA, Pink Rose, and Heaven is a '57 Metallic Gray, for starters. :D

If anyone can recommend other non-techno DDR tracks, please post the names of the songs below.

MoboMoga makes drum and bass, which I thought you might count as techno, so I didn't say anything about them... if you like DNB, I'll try to dig up the song I made for DWI ages ago, it was Blade Spinner Rip by Ethan E. Eves.

No promises though, I've been through two computers since then.

I downloaded a 500+ MB package of StepMania songs Saturday and noticed that nearly all of them are techno. I can't say I'm a big fan of techno music, so I tend to play the few songs (like Kung Fu Fighting) that aren't techno.

Can anyone recommend a package of non-techno songs for StepMania? Please include download links if available.

do you have a pad for your computer, or do you just play it with the keyboard? I enjoyed DDR when I played it, but I found that I can't play it in our house because it kind of shakes everything. Ideally it would be nice to have it set up in the basement, but our basement is unfinished and I doubt that I will ever get around to finishing it.

MoboMoga makes drum and bass, which I thought you might count as techno, so I didn't say anything about them...
MOBO MOGA, to my untrained ear, didn't sound anything like the techno I've heard (which, I admit, has been a limited selection). The rhythm (again, to my untrained ear) seemed complex, so I thought I might try mastering a different track on Standard to build my skill level.

if you like DNB, I'll try to dig up the song I made for DWI ages ago, it was Blade Spinner Rip by Ethan E. Eves.
Roger that. I'll give it a whirl, provided you can find it.

do you have a pad for your computer, or do you just play it with the keyboard?
I play with a soft pad. CCGR gave me and my wife a spare pad she received for a game review when we visited her and her husband during our trip to Chicago.

I enjoyed DDR when I played it, but I found that I can't play it in our house because it kind of shakes everything.
We live in an apartment (which I know you know, since you've visited; 'twas typing it for the benefit of the rest of the audience), so I only play before 9 p.m. One day, when we move into a house of our own, I'll be looking at our available space and funds. If we have enough of both, I may very well set aside some money for a pair of high-quality hard pads.

hmmm see if you can find SuperNova sim files there's some 80's and other variety music technically iy's not legal unless you own the game though (I do on PS2)

i have over 2000 songs on mine but yes most are tecno but there are a good 400-600 that arnt

Moderator's Note: Link removed as Google tags site listed with a malware warning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back