So long...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justice

Most of the current active users probably don't even know me. I've been in ToJ and CGA for almost 4 years. Today is the beginning of the rest of my life, and I'm shedding my skin. This is going with it. And I'm not leaving without saying something.

In the time that I have been here, I have been a part of one chapter ever in ToJ. I attempted to run the UT chapter way back in the day, but that ended in utter defeat. Nobody was ever active. Twice I've tried starting new chapters, but despite a few people saying they were interested, nobody answered emails or posted again.

In the 2 1/2 years this username has been active, it's gotten less than 300 posts. I am a very, very social person on the web. I have racked up tens of thousands of posts in other forums. I have so few posts here because... there's nothing to post about! My car club has less than 100 members and they have more active threads than this entire forum. I've joined other clans with less than 20 members who are just as active. I was part of a Christian forum before joining here, and in just a couple months I had racked up 2000 posts. I have about 1700 posts in the official matrix online forums, and they've only been around for 11 months. In all this time... I've gotten less than 300 posts here. It's pretty sad.

What's the point to this anyway? I thought it was a great idea when I joined, but I have yet to see why I should stay. Ok, a Christian clan... well, you did a good job of seperating yourself. How does that help you or anyone else though? It's like building a church and expecting people to come and get saved. News flash, there are thousands of church already there. These people are on the streets, living in mansions, and in every corner of the world. You have to be right there with them, in the thick of things, and the only way that you seperate yourself is by how you live.

My goals and vision go beyond the capabilities of this organization, my mission ground is ripe for the harvest. I'm not going to sit on my duff and wait for it to come to me, I'm going to grab my scythe and go at it.

I went off and I played my games. I even wore the ToJ tag for a while. In Soldier of Fortune 2 I was one of the best. This got me lots of invites to clans. I did in fact join a clan. I was wearing my tag when I applied. Do you know why I joined them? They weren't in ladders, they did do scrims or matches. They just played and had fun. They knew I was in ToJ, they knew what I was about. They let me in. ToJ would not let them in. What does that say about how others view you? I was able to get in with them daily on teamspeak, in the game, on the forums. I could influence them, shine my light, etc. I could not do that in ToJ.

Tek, you work hard. Probably too hard. But man, sometimes you gotta just stop. I believe you can do what you want, but you gotta wake up. This place is sleeping. It's dead and you don't know it.

Be IN the world but not of it.

All too true man... well, good luck in your life and gaming career... I agree nohting is being accomplished on these forums... I tried to leave a few times but I really just have nohting better to do. Im glad you have something else to occupy you..

God bless you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]In the 2 1/2 years this username has been active, it's gotten less than 300 posts.

Um, isn't that your own fault? I've been here approximately the same time, and I've gotten 1000+ posts. Sure this forum isn't as lively as others, but that doesn't keep you from posting...

Justice, has it ever occurred to you that many of the members here have families and are either moms or dads?

You have great expectations and that's awesome, but I think it would help if you refined your attitude some.  Being a part of a community, and especially leading it, requires a lot of patience.

Also, I wouldn't call this a "dead" community.  Just because we don't post on the forums doesn't mean we're not actively talking to each other.  A lot of meetings take place in private forums, and we also meet on teamspeak frequently.  A lot of us bother each other on instant messenging programs, as well; and I've even had a member call me at home before.  Why should what we do be restricted to the forums?

Well, anyway, I believe this place is very much alive and active.

Hey Just1ce whats up. If posts is what you want and active chat or problems to try to get sorted out how about viewing some of the post that Dark Virtue (a confirmed apostate by his posts) and other non belivers in this forum have been posting (they need guidance to the right path). There is a lot of discussion going on in their posts and a lot of christian advice needed.

As far as letting other clan members in that are not christians into the ToJ clan to play I'll have to go with Tek on that. Even if the other players are extremely good. It's easier for the world to accept christians into a clan because they don't have God's laws to govern the clan with. If someone comes into their clan with God as a name or Jesus as a name there is no problem or if someone rattles off a string of bad words. I have a problem when it comes and and says 'You've just killed God" in the game or someone comes in with Antichrist as a name and says "I am God". I know it's just a name but from a christian stand point it doesn't set well with me. We don't stop them from coming in our servers but they must abide to our rules. It wouldn't be right for someone that isn't a christian to wear the ToJ.cc tag (Tribe of Judah is about belonging in the real Tribe of Judah the bible speaks about) and come in a cuss a big oath causing our ToJ christian light not to shine.
I've been an active member for quite some time now but with family and work it's tough being here for the ToJ-UT chapter but I've kept at it and will continue to keep at it. (also stuck on dial up sure doesn't help in keeping Kraniac and Kidan in a game with me, no competition)
I believe that you stopped in the UT chapter about the time I joined in and if it's just me in it I will be here for the ToJ UT chapter as long as I can. Which recently has been doing much better thanks to prayer and UT 2004. I remember emailing you about some stuff (help) back then and never got any reply.( I still have you in my hotmail contacts.)
Tasty Wheat, Frosted Flakes, Mahfrot and I started it back up when I joined the ToJ UT chapter. Their job duties as young christians took them away from the UT chapter but I don't hold that against them because they can't be here in the chapter , I understand and hope that someday they will be able to get back to playing some UT.
I know it's frustrating to see a clan have a lot of members and very little participation but life seems to not along with participation. We have a game time now set on Sunday evening at 10pm EST and would love to have you come join in a game with us. There may be only 1 or 2 players but still it's 1 or 2.
It's my prayer that you'll stay and try to make the best of it in ToJ. I don't know you personally but I hope to. Shagz and I are co-leaders together because we can't be a full time leader in ToJ-UT. So far it's worked out great for me.
Also on the tag or clan issue. Kraniac is wearing two tags at the moment. Cyb and ToJ if i'm not mistaken. He shows up on Sundays a lot even though I pwn him.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

oh noooo I'll be shot for sure tonight.

This place as you refer to probably isn't as active as other places but their as sincere in there beliefs as can be ,right or wrong.
CS

FYI--Dark Virtue joined the forums in Aug, 2004 and has 1640+ posts and he truly isn't a christian. So post away.

I don't think its the length of time that someone is a member here that matters, it is the quality of what they bring to the group.

Sorry you feel that way Justice, Most of these forums have dozens of new posts every day. I'm not sure where you are looking but there is activity here.

Farewell.

Cory

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I don't think its the length of time that someone is a member here that matters, it is the quality of what they bring to the group

...right on.

Don't really know you but, good luck with the future.

Most of us have busy schedules and its not worth our time to post useless "spam"...Majority of the places where people get 10000+ posts have 90% useless junk responses.

.seek.

I'm writing this to let everyone know that I've read this post. Yes, I'm upset. I don't believe it would be wise for me to write and post a response right now, so I won't.

Justice, it's sad to see another member leave. However, I bid you best wishes!

Go with God!

<offtopic>

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]In the 2 1/2 years this username has been active, it's gotten less than 300 posts.

Um, isn't that your own fault? I've been here approximately the same time, and I've gotten 1000+ posts. Sure this forum isn't as lively as others, but that doesn't keep you from posting...

Wow, MaxX, that sure was nice of you to point that out now, as he's leaving!
rock.gif

At least be supportive, keep him in your prayers, or something!
cool.gif

</offtopic>

We may not be the biggest or most active christian community on the internet, but some of my closest online ties exist here. I'm glad that you're making a choice that'll make you happy, do what is best for you. I don't see the need to make such a personal attack against Tek and the CGA however. God bless.

CGA doesn't need people who gloat over getting 2,000 posts here, CGA needs people to help spread the news of who we are and why we are here to other people. To reach other Christian gamers and to spread the Gospel in accordance with our great commission. Maybe, the 2,000 posts here doesn't count as much as the 2,000 posts elsewhere spreading Gods good news.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thaddius @ Oct. 24 2004,7:29)]I don't think its the length of time that someone is a member here that matters, it is the quality of what they bring to the group.

Sorry you feel that way Justice, Most of these forums have dozens of new posts every day.  I'm not sure where you are looking but there is activity here.

Farewell.

Cory
Does that mean i bring alot or do i spam
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheJfreak @ Oct. 24 2004,11:53)]Does that mean i bring alot or do i spam  
rock.gif
I think you bring a lot J
biggrin.gif

You have a very pleasant attitude, and are great to be around
smile.gif

*waits for the first person to leave toj with a smile on their face*

*cough*

.. this forum and community is very active.. In fact it takes up a good few hours of my day, every day... If you didnt post, you are the problem not this forum.

Id say this forum is a problem... maybe we need more Christian related discussions instead of so many Athiest vs Christian and Counter Strike vs God Discussions.... Its pretty lame when you get kicked from a thread for bringing God into your counter strike conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back